Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Balance and Composure - Light We Made (Oct 7 2016) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bedwettingcosmo, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Horrorca

Trusted

I wouldn't say it's trash... it just "contracted a little after overextending itself financially". It will return. That Drug Church album was pretty cool.

2. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Looking forward to it.

3. dead_fm

Regular

I consider it trash based on the lack of attention to customers. 99% of the bands ran from the label.

4. Horrorca

Trusted

wasn't aware of that

a shame because they did put out some really great albums

5. DrawYourMind

Regular Prestigious

Yeah, I was sad when the bands left yet the new signings didn't pull my attention.

Do they still have Moose Blood or are they gone?

6. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

Hopeless I thought

7. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

No Sleep literally functions on repressing La Dispute and TWY records at this point

dead_fm and SayHello like this.
  8. Sander

kflkmflkm

Oh man this sounds promising. Even though the clip is short i'm getting some serious Radiohead and Deftones vibes.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  9. DrawYourMind

Regular Prestigious

haha

Sure does seem like that.

10. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Very excited for this. I enjoy TTWTWM quite a bit. Hoping this will expand upon the great parts of that record.

11. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

Clip screams Radiohead

Aaron Mook likes this.
  12. travisred

Trusted Supporter

The clip has me more interested than most of their last album did. Also, even on a YouTube quality clip the production is sounding real good.

13. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Liked their first record when it initially came out (still obvi love "I Tore You Apart in my Head"), but the second one didn't stick with me whatsoever. That being said, this clip sounds like a welcome departure. Count me in.

14. SayHello

Regular

TTWTWM was a let down, but didn't it sell incredibly? Judging from that teaser, I'm sure I'll be (at least) more receptive to this release than the last, which was abysmal (Love Separation though). Will be interesting to see if this new album exceeds (in sales and quality) what they did with TTWTWM - I know the fanbase is pretty split about that album, and they've been pretty quiet for a long, long time probably putting a little bit of a hamper on what they can sell, even though they went on some pretty massive tours after TTWTWM.

15. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

What don't people like about TTWTWM? I enjoy it a lot, though I think it was kind of safe in either being mostly all loud or seeing when it would get loud from a mile away. Neither of those things detracted from my enjoyment of it though.

16. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Haven't listened to this band in a while, I certainly didn't expect this. Hope it's good.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  17. SayHello

Regular

Super generic songwriting, generally awful production, band is drowned in reverb. Multiple filler tracks - could've been a better album if they cut out the fat. And I just don't think the songs showcase Simmons vocal range / fantastic voice in general. Just seemed like a total regression from Separation.

18. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I remember the reverb being all over it, but I didn't mind it. Sounded kind of like what I thought of as shoegazey at the time, still think it was an influence on that. I have to listen to it again though, it's been a while. What filler tracks do you have in mind? Off the top of my head I can think of two, I think. I do think he spends a lot of time in his lower register (a speak-sing kind of thing) and also screaming, so I can kinda see the vocal thing.

19. Horrorca

Trusted

the last one was basically alt rock desguised as hxc, but I'll bite, let's hear the new album

20. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Hoping for a big progression in their sound on this one, otherwise I don't think I'll be too interested even though I liked the last record. The teaser has me sufficiently intrigued.

21. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

their last album was really really bad, hope this isn't.

22. dead_fm

Regular

I've been a fan of everything they've done. Definitely looking forward to this.

23. dead_fm

Regular

Go figure.....a new pressing of TTWTWM just popped up haha.

24. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

This whole "sound" / mini scene is really interesting to me because they and other bands I lump them with (Title Fight, Citizen) all are influenced by a lot of bands I love and a sound I adore, but they just can't seem to hitethe right notes. I'm loathe to say they're bad songwriters, but they just can't write songs to stick in the genre's they're influenced by.

Basement, I would say were the closest to nailing it.

25. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Bummed that they're apparently going back to Will Yip. I really don't like the way he mixes things.