Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Balance and Composure Finish New Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Can say with complete confidence and only a tiny modicum of insider information that No Sleep will 1000% not be putting this record out.

2. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Excited for the record, still love Separation and like TTWTWM enough, was listening to both the other day in preparation for seeing them in Portsmouth next week, even though they're subpar live lol. TTWTWM's back half really falls flat I think.

Edit: Also, remember when No Sleep was straight killing it in 2011-12? B&C, La Dispute, IIOI, Sainthood Reps, No Trigger, Departures, Former Thieves hot damn

3. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

O hell, what happened to No Sleep? I haven't given it a thought up until now. This is on of my most anticipated releases, hopefully they won't wait till 2017 - that wouldn't be too smart. I absolutely loved TTWTAM, I repeat that very often. It was my number one in 2013, and I liked it just a bit more than "Separation".

4. I know nothing but rumours but I'm pretty sure they mismanaged finances in some ways. All the rumours I've heard involve bands not getting paid.

5. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

You don't like their live show? I was pretty impressed when I saw them, despite being sick as a pig that day.

6. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

Hoping for a late summer/early fall release.

7. jlinitz

John Linitz @jlinitz

Very excited for this. "Parachutes" came up on my discover weekly in Spotify recently and I was just like, damn this band is fucking amazing I almost forgot about them

8. MexicanGuitars

Nah not really lol, I think Jon's voice holds up really poorly live above all. I know I'm not the only one who thinks so either, Twitter controversy was generated by Thomas Nassiff a couple years ago when he tweeted about their lackluster live show and the band members responded really pissed since he was guestlisted lolol.

9. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

Interesting. If I happen to see them again, I'll be looking out for that. You may have just ruined a band for me. :D

10. SayHello

Regular

Yeah, I think TTWTWM does not translate well live (although many songs off of Separation sound fantastic live). Additionally, the few times I've seen them Jon has been very drunk and the and the rest of the band are either too fast or lagging behind him. Especially in the song Tiny Raindrop, I've seen that track performed multiple times live and it is just awful.

11. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

first saw them opening for La Dispute, and while their stage presence was lacking, the music was still enough for me to check them out and really dig afterwards.

12. johnnyutes

Vaya con Dios Supporter

one of those 'decide for yourself' deals. i've been more than happy every time i've seen them live.

13. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Seeing them live is why I started listening to them.

14. StormAndTheSun

insects come to life Supporter

Anyone see any of the shows this weekend? Curious to know if they played anything new

15. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Yeah I remember that, it was quite funny. Howsoever, I've seen them live with Seahaven and Moose Blood here in Europe, and they sounded just amazing. Vocals weren't loud enough I guess, but I heard everything in front of the stage, and Jon sounded really good. It's just that a lot of his melodies are harmonized or stacked with other voice tracks, and it's not there in live setting. It's a bit different therefore, but it's still sounding just fine. Maybe it depends on the day as well.

16. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Same here. Didn't really listen to them or Title Fight before that tour with Senses Fail and Bayside. Saw B&C opening that night and was blown away by their live show, and feel they've only gotten better since. Maybe a little lacking as of late with the stage presence, but sonically they've sounded better each time I've seen them.

17. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

No new songs, pretty much the same lackluster setlist they've been playing for a year or so (closing awkwardly with Cut Me Open). They did say the new album would be out in about 3-4 months.

18. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

I also remember reading some interview with Jon where he said they didn't play "I Tore You Apart in My Head" too much anymore, because he was getting his voice blown out on tour, so maybe he would get used to sing some songs a bit calmer as well. To me it sounded good all in all anyway, and especially during songs like "Dirty Head" when it sounded just like the recording, the song is just more raw and minimalistic, easier to transcribe into the live setting.

19. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Yeah they tend to stick to playing their more subtle songs, but it just doesn't go over as well live as their more energetic tracks. For instance, they played almost all of TTWTWM but didn't play "Notice Me", "Keepsake", "Parachutes, or "Lost Your Name".

20. MexicanGuitars

Maybe they've improved their live show then, I'll find out firsthand on Thursday hopefully.

Bartek T. likes this.
  21. Bartek T. Apr 11, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 11, 2016)
    Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

"Keepsake" is my favorite :) on the date I saw them they played "Notice Me", and as far as I remember they even opened with "Parachutes", it was heavier at some points in the set actually. It was at the end of 2014.

22. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Interesting. Notice Me is one of my favorite songs to see live. As of now, I'm expecting more songs like ones from the Braid split than anything off of TTWTWM, but who knows.

23. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Well if the record's supposed to come out in like 4 months, then I'll be waiting for a new song as soon as it's possible!

24. Yeah, every time I've see them play that song live it's always off. The parts that comes right before "Come close stay far" and "Cause it's all fine" are always so sped up

25. SayHello

Regular

....Wow.