Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Balance and Composure Finish New Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. SayHello

Regular

Moderately excited. The last album was a real clunker and regressed in terms of sound and direction from that of Separation. Hopefully this one is a bit better.

3. CMilliken

Trusted

Excited for this release? When do you guys think that will be? Late summer? Fall? 2017?

4. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Pumped! Loved Seperation, the last one was pretty solid as well. These guys put on a great show.

5. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

If no sleep knows what's good for them it should be sooner rather than later.

CMilliken likes this.
  6. CMilliken

Trusted

That's what I think too. I was talking to a friend about Balance and this release yesterday and he said he wouldn't be surprised to not see it released until next spring. I find that way to long to sit on it.

7. thevheissu

that's not how the force works Prestigious

My guess is late fall.

8. caseyaylward

My guess is that no sleep probably won't be putting this out. If they do put it out, they definitely aren't going to wait a full year, B&C are they're biggest band by far.

9. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

I actually enjoyed everything off of the new album, and thought it was generally better than Separation. but i realize im in the minority.

CMilliken likes this.
  10. Their last album was great but I haven't listened to it for like a year, so it didn't last long for me. But I'm really excited for this.

11. Thomas Nassiff

i wrote it down for you Verified

i think i'll be somewhat surprised if NSR releases it. have they had a new album yet this year? i can't remember the last thing they did.

Jason Tate likes this.
  12. Crazy hyped for this, just wish they had gone with someone besides Will Yip.

CMilliken likes this.
  13. StormAndTheSun

insects come to life Supporter

I dont get the hate for Yip. Ive liked everything Ive heard from him and it seems that a lot of bands really enjoy working with him.

Very excited for this. Im in the camp that thinks Things We Think Were Missing was leagues better than Separation, and I have a good feeling that they will continue that trend

Aj LaGambina, Bartek T. and CMilliken like this.
  14. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

I can't wait for this, very interested to see what label releases it.
    The last thing they released was a Shai Hulud EP in December last year, if their bandcamp is anything to go by.

15. johnnyutes

Vaya con Dios Supporter

still listen to their albums on a regular basis. pumped to add new songs to the rotation.

16. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Seeing them on Sunday, hopefully we get a new song.

17. Pretty much my thoughts. I'm ambivalent toward this band now and I was so excited when Separation first came out.

18. notbrokejustbent

Surprised at the dislike for TTWTWM. That record was my favorite of 2013.

19. Chinesefood

Regular

Really excited for this. I love whatever these guys do.

20. AgonizingFir

Currently Distracted Supporter

So stoked. I still spin the last album regularly. Hoping for a worthy follow up.

CMilliken likes this.
  21. It's not bad, it's just really, really mediocre. Most of the melodies fall flat, songwriting is all over the place, and the mix/master job compressed the life out of most of the songs. There are good songs, but as a cohesive work it is all over the place.

22. sdnyjns

I am not a robot

Pretty excited! I've been missing B&C in my life

23. SayHello Apr 7, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 9, 2016)
    SayHello

Regular

I can say with complete confidence and no insider information that No Sleep will definitely not be putting out this album.

24. joshuaharris

Will Yip is 50/50 for me, but I will definitely be buying this.

notbrokejustbent likes this.
  25. notbrokejustbent

Is NoSleep shutting down or something? I didn't realize until this thread that they haven't really done anything noteworthy in a while. All of their bet bands have broken up or moved to bigger labels. I feel like there's little to no way they could continue for very long.