Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Balance and Composure Announce Break Up • Page 4

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 14, 2017.

1. musicfan10

Trusted

I wish Larry David would fill us in on the break up. This is tearing me apart. Such a great band. Why did this happen guys? Jon said on his Twitter he was sad about it. Something just doesn’t sound right. They needs farewell tour. The song more to me is one of the best songs ever written

2. musicfan10

Trusted

Please tell me why they broke up!!??

3. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

We've given about 6-7 reasons already...

4. musicfan10

Trusted

yes but he seems like he knows actual members of the band

5. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

They’re breaking up cause they’re done being a band. Accept it. If the details were something any one member wanted out and on the internet, they could do so at any second on any platform. They’ve collectively stayed quiet and that’s clearly how they want it.

6. musicfan10

Trusted

Well i was just wanting some insight on the situation. thats all

7. musicfan10

Trusted

They tweeted today that it was
    ""not final shows" in 2018!!! So there is hope they might not quit after all.
    sounds like they are rethinking the situation

carrytheweird likes this.
  8. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Ohh, woke myself up in the middle of the night to get my headphones and listen to that earlier this week... Sucha a disappointment ;( I had to put on some Nils Frahm to calm my nerves and let me go back to sleep after that hah hmmm.

9. musicfan10

Trusted

Yes he has to keep balance and composure together!

10. mynamesgeneric

Regular

Gotta ride that emo rap waaaaaave while it exists bros

11. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

No one tops Spooky Black.

12. musicfan10

Trusted

Any one know if Jon ever responds to fans through Facebook?

13. musicfan10

Trusted

Would love to hear some fellow fans discuss how they discovered balance and composure and became fans.

I knew nothing about this band until I saw them open for one of my favorite bands, Coheed and Cambria. The first song I ever heard from them was Reflection, and I had to check out more of their material. They were touring for the things I think we're missing. I was blown away by their melody and riffs, not to mention lyrics that touch straight to the heart. Their live performance that night was one for the ages, but it definitely was a different vibe.

After the show, I went and got their first album separation. No words can describe how great it is. More to Me and I tore you apart in my head are still 2 of the best songs I've heard in the past 20 years. By this point they had me as a lifelong hardcore fan.

I was fortunate enough to watch them do a headlining tour for light we made. They seemed in good spirits, but should have knows the end was coming when 2 of the original band members weren't their with them. Jon seemed so into it though. I'm hoping they can do a live dvd of their last show or at least change their mind and do a full scale farewell tour. I know a lot of fans around the country are hoping for the same.

Bartek T. likes this.
  14. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

I remember I got really into Seahaven after they had an exclusive EP on absolutepunk actually! I downloaded it and it was something fresh for me. Simply through last.fm I got to know B&C and Have Mercy as similar acts. Downloaded "Separation" and listened to the first two song only. I didn't have time to finish it then and forgot to do so for a bit, but later that week had my playlist on shuffle while doing some cleaning around the room, and "I Tore You Apart In My Head" came in and crashed me completely hahh.

15. musicfan10

Trusted

Is seahaven similar to balance and composure? What’s their best songs

16. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Generally went in totally different directions I guess, but please go and check out their debut EP called Ghost, I'm sure you'll like some of that if you're into "Separation" era B&C. I loved their album "Reverie Lagoon", but it's a different story.

17. musicfan10

Trusted

I think balance had 2 of their members playing for them at the show I was at last spring?

18. momo32t

Trusted

I found out about Balance and Composure when they opened for a Bayside/Senses Fail co-headline back in 2010. Liked what I heard then so Separation was immediately on my radar when it was released.

19. musicfan10

Trusted

wonder what the setlist is gonna be at these 10th anniversary shows?

20. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

I would imagine heavy amounts of Separation and TTWTWM, a few pulls from the new album, and then two songs off Only Boundaries. If anyone is lucky, they'll dig Burden up for it too. Those EP's are severely underrated.

21. musicfan10

Trusted

I would do anything for a live dvd of this or live cd. I would think a good 2 hour set, maybe 20+ songs?

22. Show's off bc of the snow fucking up the east coast currently

carrytheweird likes this.
  23. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Understandable honestly...it’s pretty bad here.

24. musicfan10

Trusted

Yep I think they are planning on playing tonight though hopefully?

25. musicfan10

Trusted

Any word how these shows have been?