Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Balance and Composure Announce Break Up • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 14, 2017.

1. johnthegawd

@theinsideoutband

Fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkk

2. DeRRek

Trusted

Agreed, wasn’t wild about new album but the first two were amazing! Still listen to both regularly.

3. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Bummmed I've never been able to see them live, but considering I know a person who had their front teeth knocked out at one of their shows and several others who have had glasses destroyed/been done bodily harm...eh. These are some of my favorite albums and they'll always be there. If I was this band and had to watch people get basically murdered in the crowd every night, I wouldn't be into playing anymore either.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  4. Pooch

Regular

I always thought B&C, Moving Mountains & O'Brother would be the bands to take up the mantle of the genre after Thursday and Thrice broke up. Fast-forward 6 years and Thrice and Thursday are back touring and making music, and both MM and B&C are done.

Bartek T. likes this.
  5. CSWAPPO

Regular

BUMMER! They are soooo good live

6. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Moving Mountains are back in a very limited capacity. They just played a show last week in Philly and played the Triple Crown Showcase in NYC last month.

Sad that Balance and Composure are breaking up. Could never get super into their music as it all was kinda boring to me, but I feel for their fans.

MrAirplane likes this.
  7. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

I won't pretend to be overly familiar, but I was pretty impressed with the size of the crowd for their headlining tour with Foxing a little time back - although I imagine Foxing helped with that draw. They've been pretty active touring since LWM came out, even if they weren't into the grind anymore, so I can understand why they might not see the need to do a farewell tour.

Not as a reply to you, but more broadly, you never known when a band might break up or something happens to them, so it's probably not a bad approach to treat every tour to your city as it could be their last, if you'd really regret never seeing them again.

Jesse West and youngplanetary like this.
  8. SPine

Trusted

I dropped the ball so many times by not seeing them... going to spinning their discography this afternoon

coleslawed likes this.
  9. emersontheauthor

Regular

Well dang. I kinda felt like this was coming but it still stinks. I listened to the new album like one time and didn't really care for it, but figured I'd catch up with them on the next one. But The Things We Think We're Missing will always be one of my faves.

DesireToPlease likes this.
  10. polyfilla

who can never be sure

they're good songs, brent

11. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

I'm a bit devastated by that news, one of the most influential bands for me. I noticed on some pics that You Blew It's bassist was playing with them the last few times, which made me think about it, both great bands and I'll miss them.

emersontheauthor likes this.
  12. Light We Made definitely took me by surprise and matched up more with my current tastes as I was just getting over a lot of emo stuff similar to their older albums, which are still fun to revisit sometimes. Bummer we won't get to hear where they might've gone next, but hopefully they're happy with their legacy and new endeavors. No reason to keep playing if it doesn't make you happy

Kennedy likes this.
  13. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

their split with Tigers Jaw pretty much led me down the path that defined the kind of music I listened to in high school. Solid career all the way through though, kind of like moving mountains.

Bartek T. and carrytheweird like this.
  14. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

The hell? Who were they touring with? Hatebreed?

15. I mean their shows got rowdy in the earlier days but no more than like any other band in that scene haha. In the last 4 years their crowds have actually been especially dull, by the band's design. Sometime during TTWTWM era the band started to become visibly bummed at anything more than a head bop

16. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

I also think we’re forgetting that this band was in a severe accident that they said had them question whether or not they wanted to be a band/tour anymore.

17. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

The Jealous Sound and Daylight lmao. He had to have like full on dental surgery. I was not sorry I missed it.

18. SPine

Trusted

Yeah after reading about that, I would have wanted to stop being on the road. Awesome they kept going after

19. inagreendase

Breakup is a surprise and a bummer. Was really curious where they'd pivot from here musically. I did find it interesting that after maintaining the same lineup for eight or nine years they were suddenly touring with multiple fill-in members on the Circa/Thrice tour.

There's at least 4 songs on Light We Made that are essentially just better versions of the meat-and-potatoes sound on TTWTWM: "Spinning", and the "Call It Losing Touch" through "Is It So Much to Adore?" trio. I'd give those another honest shot if the album wasn't vibing with anyone right.

emersontheauthor likes this.
  20. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

If anyone is interested, Jon has a side project he just had his first release for not too long ago. It’s called Coward.

coward.

21. emersontheauthor

Regular

Hmm you're right, I should probably give the whole thing another chance.

22. Every song on Slow Heart was better than nearly ever song on LWM imo. Maybe save for like Postcard or Midnight Zone

coleslawed and momo32t like this.
  23. momo32t

Trusted

Only other one I might throw on there is Fame or Loam

24. Yeah Loam is a contender too, song is so good. Really great way to close out that record

25. atlas

Trusted

It's a travesty they've never played Fame live. That song should have been a staple, so catchy