Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Balance and Composure – “Afterparty”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. MattNCheeze

Trusted

Its ight.

3. JohnnyStacks

Regular

Man. It sounds like somebody cut off the bands balls.

sebastianrcgr likes this.
  4. Hmm. I can't tell if I like their new sound or not.

5. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

I do. Never was a big fan before but I think I will love this album so it works for me.

I Am Mick and Snewt like this.
  6. Chinesefood

Regular

Really digging this new Turnover and Composure song.
    You'll have to forgive my lack of effort; I just woke up from a nap.

coleslawed and christophsays like this.
  7. mynamesgeneric

Regular

Will Yip was fucking lying when he said this would be everyone's favorite B&C album.

Chinesefood and latortuga like this.
  8. CMilliken

Trusted

I am 100% fine with this direction.

js977 likes this.
  9. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

I'm diggin' this track, and I can definitely hear the Turnover comparison, which is not a bad thing, of course.

10. latortuga

Regular

I will listen to this album because TTWTWM is my favorite album of 2013 and maybe the last 5 years. But this song + Postcard is not working for me and not what I like about B&C. Just incredibly mixed feelings: it's their band and they can do what they want but it doesn't make me any less disappointed.

Chuck! likes this.
  11. SayHello

Regular

This is much, much better than TTWTWM. The Turnover comments made me laugh, but I can't say I completely disagree with them. Many bands follow each other's lead when they either (1) find a sound / style that's well received (2) just like it themselves and want to create something similar. Which is fine, bands should draw inspiration from each other. To be honest, I think this sounds more like a logical progression from Separation (just because that record was experimental and different for the genre at the time, and the two songs released from this record act the same), whereas TTWTWM was a complete regression from the former back to what they were doing in their EP / TJ Split days. For the people who loved TTWTWM, I don't expect them to be enthusiastic about this change -- but if you enjoyed Separation (and were ultimately disappointed by TTWTWM) I would be surprised if you didn't enjoy Light We Made.

P.S. This also kind of reminds me of Saves The Day 'In Reverie' era...

Chinesefood and DejaMoi like this.
  12. Chuck!

Regular

I have no problem with a mellow album from B&C, but these songs have been a total bore for me. Bummer.

13. Chinesefood

Regular

You don't.

14. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

loved TTWTWM when it came out but quickly forgot about it. i have liked both of these two, im excited to hear the rest.

15. farva2

Regular

Loved the hell out out tywtwm and really like separation but really not feeling these two songs

16. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Pretty much how I feel haha. I've liked one or two of their songs in the past, but really enjoyed both songs from this.

DejaMoi likes this.
  17. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

loved postcard... this one is just ok

18. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

I might like it even more than Postcard actually, but listened to if far less so far, so who knows. I loved both previous albums, and it doesn't sound as exciting to me this time, but I'm sure the whole album won't dissapoint me!