Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bahamas - Earthtones (January 19, 2018) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by vidiviciveni, Oct 26, 2017.

1. vidiviciveni

Trusted

2. Barcara

Regular

Afie is the best. One of those live shows that, after seeing once, I will never miss an opportunity to see him again. He's a born performer.

New song is great. I hope the sound of the new album is a little more cohesive sonically, if that's fair. I love the last three records, but the last two, especially his latest had a bunch of different stylings on there. It seems like he had an idea and followed it to wherever it lead on those songs, which can be great, but after hearing them live and how tight and cohesive the sound is overall, I hope we hear something a little more along those lines, and it sounds like we will based on that song and the interview.

Not trying to knock on his last two records, both are fantastic and this is a minor gripe.

vidiviciveni likes this.
  3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Yessss, excited for this

vidiviciveni likes this.
  4. vidiviciveni

Trusted

I found myself initially bored with Bahamas Is Afie but he writes surprisingly layered music for such minimal instrumentation. I'm drawn to his more rockin tunes like "Stronger Than That" or "Caught Me Thinkin" but his slower stuff really seeps into your brain after awhile.

5. irthesteve

vidiviciveni likes this.
  6. lina555

Regular

Magic timbre. I want to listen more and more! Thanks to the author of this thread for this charm! I was hooked of this music.

vidiviciveni likes this.
  7. irthesteve

Ummmm, this is different

8. vidiviciveni

Trusted

This is god damn fantastic

9. vidiviciveni

Trusted

^^ Pino Palladino was a solid add for this tune