Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

badXchannels / Colours / Marina City Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Nov 7, 2016.

1. kidinthebushes Nov 7, 2016
    (Last edited: Dec 19, 2016)
    kidinthebushes

Trusted

[​IMG]

11/17 - Indianapolis, IN @ Emerson Theatre
    11/18 - Detroit, MI @ St. Andrew's Hall (The Shelter)
    11/20 - Chicago, IL @ Bottom Lounge
    12/02 - Orangevale, CA @ The Boardwalk
    12/03 - Los Angeles, CA @ Los Globos
    12/04 - Phoenix, AZ @ Pub Rock
    12/09 - Brooklyn, NY @ Goldsounds
    12/10 - Cambridge, MA @ Middle East
    12/11 - Philadelphia, PA @ Voltage Lounge

2. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I might go to this in Chicago.

3. kidinthebushes

Trusted

This starts tonight.

Daniel182 likes this.
  4. kielhauck

itsalldead.com @kielhauck

Anybody going tonight? I'll be there. Very interested to see what the setlist for this is.

5. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Very excited for this. I'm definitely going Sunday in Chicago (I have VIP tickets). Really strongly considering going to the Detroit tomorrow as well, since I'm here for work anyway. Really curious what the setlist will be though too. I know on twitter he said he'd be playing the 5 songs from the ep and "some interludes". I bet he does his part in that Kuniva song he's on. I would not be surprised at all to see a Justin Bieber cover either, considering how much Craig likes him. I wonder what else.

6. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

How many tickets does Craig Owens solo sell? I know he plays the Emerson on literally every solo tour, but I'm not aware how well attended those shows are. I know DRUGS played one of their first shows at the Emerson, and I (like many) didn't go because they only had one song out. Seems like a similar situation here.

7. kielhauck

The crowd is sparse, for sure. Interested to see how this goes.

Pleasantly surprised by Colours. Had never heard them before tonight.

8. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Update?

9. kielhauck

Set was very short. I think he basically played the EP, then jumped down into the crowd to dance along with "No Problem" by Chance. Shared in between songs about why he was doing this project - said he considered just producing, but really wanted to sing again.

Really wish the set would have been longer and included some other songs, but what he played sounded pretty good.

Cgarnsay likes this.
  10. Daniel182

I like the EP much more than I was expecting. I will probably be at the Chicago show on Sunday.

11. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

How long do the openers play for then? It'd be weird to see openers play longer than the headliner.

I was planning to hit up Detroit tonight while I'm here, and then I'm definitely seeing him Sunday in Chicago. If he really only plays 5 songs I'm a little more hesitant to go twice, but I've always wanted to see him in Detroit so why not.

12. kielhauck

I didn't time it, but I feel pretty confident that both openers played longer.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  13. Daniel182

Did you end up going tonight?

14. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea I did. I'm really glad too. I had a lot of fun. Marina City and Colours were enjoyable. Craig's set was short but really cool. The crowd wasn't huge (if I had to guess I'd say there were about 75-100 people), but there was a really good energy in the room. Everyone seemed excited to be there. He had Kuniva come out to do the song that he was featured on (he made it sound like that was something only happening in Detroit). Craig was hanging around after talking to everyone and seemed to be in a really good mood. The songs translated well live too. It was strange seeing him so stripped down. Not even with a guitar on stage, but I'm really excited to see where this project goes. Also the intro to his set was really cool, but I won't spoil that. I'm really looking forward to seeing it again Sunday.

15. Daniel182

Nice! I'm pretty sure I will be there Sunday. Aside from the Kuniva song, was it only the five EP songs?

16. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea that was it. And like someone else said, he comes down and jumps around to No Problem

Daniel182 likes this.