Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bad Times At The El Royale (Drew Goddard, October 12, 2018) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, May 29, 2018.

1. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

The comments are polar opposites of how those who've seen it feel about it... Was thinking of watching this tonight, if not sometime this week.

2. Do it. It’s enjoyable. I was watching it while laying on the couch and I never dozed off, which is a big deal for me! Haha

secretsociety92 and Brent like this.
  3. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Watched Arizona instead, wife really liked that, thought it was enjoyable... will watch El Royale this weekend now.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  4. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Liked this, more in the first half than the second. Could have moved faster/been shorter. wish Jon hamm wouldn’t have died so soon too

imthesheriff and kyle like this.
  5. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

This this this

6. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Yeah once the cult comes into the picture, I rapidly lose interest. But the stuff before that is some of my favorite filmmaking I’ve seen this year.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  7. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Just watched it tonight and Chris Hemsworth actually had my favorite performance in the movie lol. Actually really enjoyed this a lot

Brother Beck and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  8. I really like this. It’s a little too long but very entertaining.

Brother Beck likes this.
  9. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

This was such a wet fart

riotspray likes this.
  10. I enjoyed this quite a bit, though I felt like it was missing something to put it over the top. Definitely not as re-watchable as Cabin in the Woods, but that's a damn near a perfect movie. Still, I loved the filmmaking and tone as well as the performances.

Really high hopes for that X-Force movie.

11. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

This was okay but didn’t really go anywhere interesting.

12. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

This movie has maybe the biggest disparity between the first and second halves I’ve ever seen

imthesheriff likes this.
  13. imthegrimace

Yeah I was really enjoying the first half and didn’t understand the hate it got and then very quickly understood.

14. Mike J

We talk too much / We talk in circles

Cynthia Erivo stole the movie.

Zilla and imthesheriff like this.
  15. Finally watched this and it was not great

imthesheriff likes this.
  16. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

It’s been playing in HBO a bunch and despite the stacked acting talent, it’s rather forgettable

imthesheriff, airik625 and spiffa0 like this.
  17. aoftbsten Jun 25, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 25, 2019)
    aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Really enjoyed this, though it falls apart a bit in the 3rd act when Hemsworth shows up. He did a great job with that character, but it felt a little shoehorned.

I was nervous that Hamm was going to do that terrible accent the whole time, so I relieved when they started to get more into his character.

Stylistically, it felt like it was trying to do Tarantino with a little Edgar Wright sprinkled in at times. But the scene with Hamm in the looking corridor Cynthia Ervio singing was fantastic and felt really fresh.

Brother Beck and secretsociety92 like this.
  18. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

this was okay

19. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I just watched this by myself last night, and I really, really enjoyed it a lot. I do agree with people who have said that the first half is better than the second half, but I also do not think it completely falls apart either. The aforementioned Cynthia Ervio singing / Jon Hamm in the creepy hallway scene had a really cool feel to it.

I don't get to watch a lot of adult movies these days, so that could have played a part in me enjoying this as much as I did. Also, I am a huge fan of almost this entire cast, so that helps too.

aoftbsten and Zilla like this.
  20. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

It certainly makes me wish Drew Goddard would make more movies.

imthesheriff and Brother Beck like this.
  21. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I watched this again, and I liked it even more the second time. I know this is a very, very unpopular opinion, but I was left out in the cold by Once Upon A Time In Hollywood, and this movie gave me the feeling everyone else described while watching OUATIH.

22. imthegrimace

Wtf

23. FrankieThe4th

things have never been stranger Prestigious

this is one of the wildest posts i've ever read

24. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

insanity

25. I couldn't tell you anything that happened in this movie to be honest. Quite forgettable.