Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bad Times At The El Royale (Drew Goddard, October 12, 2018) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, May 29, 2018.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

coleslawed and jkauf like this.
  2. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

uhhhhh yes plz

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Whalejaw likes this.
  4. Looks nuts. I'm a big fan of Cabin in the Woods, so I can't wait for this.

5. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Yeah have high expectations for this considering the cast and director/screen writer.

6. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

yes

7. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

very in

8. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Loved Cabin in the Woods and that trailer looked awesome so I’m so here for this.

9. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

In like Flynn

10. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

This looks pretty sweet. It feels like a mix of Identity and Cabin in the Woods.

CarpetElf likes this.
  11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

12. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

This was good as hell. Everyone one in the cast was great. It takes its time and really makes the audience sit in the tension. There’s a few missteps in the final act but overall, it’s a solid recommendation.

13. This looks really cool.

14. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

So glad to hear this, been anticipating it for awhile.

15. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

im so ready for this, every time i see a trailer for it on tv i get more pumped.

16. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Had an absolute blast watching this but ultimately I think all of the individual plot lines fail to come together in a cohesive way. Still absolutely worth seeing though.

17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

this took some time getting going but once I did I found it totally worth it
    the soundtrack was killer
    I appreciated that Drew assumed the audience was smart enough to get what was going on without everything being explicitly stated, though some things could have been tied together better I agree
    I was so taken aback by Jon Hamm's Foghorn Leghorn accent but once they explained why I was okay
    Chris Hemsworth and Dakota Johnson were clearly having a blast and they did a great job finding someone who looks like her to play her sister, Cynthia is great and Jeff Bridges gave the role gravitas I'm not sure anyone else could have
    I loved seeing Jerry and Nick Offerman both have cameos

18. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Apparently Manny Jacinto was in this but I don’t remember seeing him anywhere.

I think I actually preferred the first part of the movie. The scene where they all meet in the lobby was really well-written and the scene where Jon Hamm finds the corridor was really unique and interesting. Once the cult stuff got introduced I started to lose interest.

19. What’s “tv”?

:-)

20. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

For some reason the entire time I thought that was Chris Pine and then went to Wikipedia and nope, Hemsworth.

21. drewinseries

Drew

This was fun. I think sometimes it propped itself up to have more crazy plot lines turn out than it did, but it was a fun theater experience.

22. CAC3

Dog

This was entertaining. I liked Dakota Johnson a lot in it. I was expecting the story to be tied up in a neater way, but I still enjoyed it. I preferred A Star is Born and First Man to this.

23. Oh?

drewinseries likes this.
  24. dlemert

Trusted

This was excellent, top 5 of the year for me so far. The ending does feel a bit abrupt but I realized walking out that we didn't really need any more closure than we got.

25. drewinseries

Drew

I'm glad we didn't learn who was on the film.