Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bad Suns - Disappear Here Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by indecipherable, Jul 6, 2016.

1. indecipherable

levitate levitate levitate levitate Prestigious

September 16.

I'd recommend their first album if you haven't heard it.

2. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Excited to hear more!

3. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Song does pretty much nothing for me. Between that and the new 1975 album really falling off, I'm thinking there's a bit of a sonic shift happening in my personal listening habits.

cwhit likes this.
  4. atlas

Trusted

So this album is really fuckin gr8

5. indecipherable

levitate levitate levitate levitate Prestigious

drip

6. jorbjorb

7 rings

Great band. all of the new songs sound great.

7. Holding back a hot take for the sake of forming an educated opinion because I feel like this is probably going to grow on me a lot

8. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

This is pretty solid. There's some good moments on here, but nothing as danceable as "Transpose" or as smooth as "Cardiac Arrest"

9. jorbjorb

7 rings

this album is unreal. this band needs more love

10. RoKKeR

The Fly

Just got to the 3rd song... I fucking love these guys. So excited to see them in November.

jorbjorb likes this.
  11. atlas

Trusted

"Outskirts of Paradise" is the song I think I've been waiting from them since I first heard them. Just a perfect pop rock song

12. SayHello

Regular

Ok, so I'm about to listen to this. As someone who absolutely adored their first record, I have ridiculously high expectations for this album. Based on the singles I think I'm going to thoroughly enjoy the album! Let's see.

jorbjorb likes this.
  13. SayHello

Regular

"Off She Goes" is incredible. Disappear Here is great, but how was this song not the single.......?????

JRGComedy, RoKKeR and jorbjorb like this.
  14. RoKKeR

The Fly

Yep. The chord progression and guitars... fuckin' incredible.

SayHello likes this.
  15. RoKKeR

The Fly

Daft Pretty Boys has an incredible groove, wow. This band needs more run.

16. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Good album, surprisingly upbeat

17. SayHello Sep 17, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 17, 2016)
    SayHello

Regular

Overall, I'll say this about the album - Does it have a stand-out, viral hit like the last album did? No. But in complete, it's a much better album than Language & Perspective. The memorable moments on that album were not entire sequences (of minute to two minute long stretches that carried across multiple songs) it was primarily some opening riffs and bass lines that were so catchy and strong enough that it was able to carry the rest of the song throughout the two to four minutes. Disappear Here has better song writing, much better production - cleaner and lets go of some of the over electronic aspects on L&P, and just feels like a really good, mature "pop-rock" record, which not many bands release anymore (imo). I LOVE L&P, but I do think I will find myself going back to Disappear Here more frequently. Phenomenal album.

18. jorbjorb

7 rings

good write up man. these guys are unreal

SayHello likes this.
  19. SayHello

Regular

Thank you. I agree!

20. RoKKeR

The Fly

Damn, Daft Pretty Boys should have been their lead single for this album. That song has radio hit (maybe not on the level of Cardiac Arrest, but....) written all over it. Incredible hook.

Favorites are Heartbreaker, Off She Goes, Patience, and Daft Pretty Boys.

SayHello and JRGComedy like this.
  21. jorbjorb

7 rings

Patience is premo

22. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Love like revenge is a fucking banger. I definitely do not think this is as good as the debut, but there are some jams for sure. I just love how different their guitar work is compared to most of the shit I listen to.

jorbjorb and whitenblue88 like this.
  23. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Listening again and came here to post this

jorbjorb likes this.
  24. SPine Sep 19, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 19, 2016)
    SPine

Trusted

I love Defeated. They know how to make an emo pop song.

Jason Tate and jorbjorb like this.
  25. jorbjorb

7 rings

I can't choose my favourite. Swimming in the moonlight is stuck in my head