Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bad Religion Band • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by AlwaysEvolving21, Feb 15, 2017.

1. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Yeah for sure. I mean, the dude is in like 5 bands haha. He lives for music.

2. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

love BB

3. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I’ve been spinning Age Of Unreason, Empire Strikes First, and No Control multiple times these past few days trying to remain sane with this election shit.

This band will never fail to blow my mind with their lyrics/songwriting. I swear they’ve been giving us four decades worth of warning signs when it comes to surviving humanity.

JRGComedy likes this.
  4. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Just jammed Age of Unreason today too

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  5. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

“Candidate” has been sticking out a lot haha.

JRGComedy likes this.
  6. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

7. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I still listen to Christmas Songs every year.

Orla, .K. and AlwaysEvolving21 like this.
  8. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Me too. Once already when my wife was putting up decorations.

also just finished reading Do What You Want and listened to Suffer and Process this week already

JRGComedy likes this.
  9. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Cmoney86 likes this.
  10. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

11. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

JRGComedy likes this.
  12. phaynes12

hell yeah, wonder if brett comes out

JRGComedy likes this.
  13. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Same! Hoping he shows up for at least the 80s show

14. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

The live show was fucking awesome.

FUCKING. AWESOME.

It’s well worth your time and if it means the band can make it another year, all the better. But cripes, I would buy this and watch it over and over if they sold it. Same with a recording, which would be great since it was mixed by their drummer Jamie (and he kills it - they sound live, but it’s still tight as a drum).

I literally don’t understand how a community as awesome as this is (sincerely, Chorus folks are the best) that these guys don’t get more love. They’re not just on Mount Rushmore - they ARE Mount Rushmore.

.K., AlwaysEvolving21 and JRGComedy like this.
  15. phaynes12

i mean, it's very dumb. they rule. i guess it's due to them being a legacy act at this point

16. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Haven't watched it yet, will be watching tomorrow!

17. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I've bought and watched so many livestreams this weekend and was going to pass on this one but you've sold me

fredwordsmith likes this.
  18. AlwaysEvolving21 Dec 13, 2020
    (Last edited: Dec 13, 2020)
    AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Damn, the setlist for this first episode was on point! I love hearing those older songs being played by the band today. It gives them new life.

They did great with this. They sound good live. They got a nice, raw, aggressive, and tight sound. Greg nails it too. It will be interesting to see what they'll sound like when they start playing songs that have harmonies. They're either hit or miss with their harmonies.

It is also weird that Brett isn't playing with them considering they were in LA filming everything.

Fuck, I love this band. Best punk band of all time.

Edit: Dammit. Mike already inspired me to buy a double cut junior, but now Brian makes me want a Les Paul and Jay makes me want bass haha. I'm actually kinda surprised I don't own a bass.

.K. and JRGComedy like this.
  19. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

They are not a legacy act at all. Greg has specifically said that the band will end before they ever become a legacy act. They released a new album Age of Unreason last which was fantastic. It was definitely not mailed in. They waited until they were ready to release a follow up to True North. Waiting is no fun, but I respect that.

danielm123 and fredwordsmith like this.
  20. phaynes12

i said they rule. shut up lol

21. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

haha...very true. I just fear if people talk about them as a legacy act they will hold true to their word and end the band. That can’t happen.

22. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

They are the antithesis of a legacy act. Age of Unreason and especially True North easily match the 80’s and early 00’s highs of the band. They would be career best records for 99% of this scene’s bands.

JRGComedy, danielm123 and .K. like this.
  23. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Buy a mini bass! I bought this Squire mini P bass during quarantine and feel like a god every time I play it:

Squier Mini Precision Electric Bass - Black 885978378401 | eBay

24. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Watching it now and ugh I love this band so much. Very fun setlist and the in-between stuff I liked way more than I expected.

They're really just a bunch of goofs and it really feels like you're just hanging out with them

fredwordsmith likes this.
  25. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Right? I would watch a weekly podcast with Brian and Jay RIGHT THE FUCK NOW.

JRGComedy likes this.