Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bad Religion Band • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by AlwaysEvolving21, Feb 15, 2017.

1. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Speaking of rock Bad Religion. Finite is a fantastically underrated BR song.

Orla, .K. and JRGComedy like this.
  2. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Was just listening to Finite the other day. I like it more than like 5-6 songs that made it on The Dissent of Man

Orla, AlwaysEvolving21 and .K. like this.
  3. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Where do we all stand on ATG Digital Boy vs STF Digital Boy? I caught myself listening to both one after another on a loop today.

I mostly prefer Greg & Brett’s vocal takes, certainly the drums, and probably the guitar solo on the STF version.

I used to believe the ATG version was too rough around the edges comparatively, but as of late I think that’s really a positive aspect. There’s a fiery attitude present that’s just not apparent in the radio-friendly production of the re-recording, and I dig it a lot

4. JRGComedy Aug 25, 2020
    (Last edited: Aug 25, 2020)
    JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

ATG for sure but I like Bobby's drumming more in the STF version

I've always thought that Brett's lines in the STF version were considerably weaker too. Like it's mixed too low or he sounds nervous or something

Orla likes this.
  5. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I prefer the STF version of the song. It feels like there is even more conviction with that version. It could be because by that point they knew it was successful song and played it a bunch of times so they were really comfortable with it. I don't think you can add the song to another record without feeling it's better as a band. Face To Face did this too with Disconnected.

Orla likes this.
  6. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

STF version!

Orla and .K. like this.
  7. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I am team New Surrender though when it comes to Feel Good Drag

8. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

.K. and Orla like this.
  9. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

This is probably my favorite full performance of Bad Religion. It's short, but boy does it deliver. The crowd is great in this too.

JRGComedy and Orla like this.
  10. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

.K. and AlwaysEvolving21 like this.
  11. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I prefer the album version, but it’s cool to hear the comparison in terms of where it was to where it finisished.

JRGComedy likes this.
  12. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Tomorrow.
    0SHHZ8J.jpg.93b362ca64b409b6b8377b5f021052d4.jpg

.K., Orla, JaytotheGee and 1 other person like this.
  13. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

It’s been so nice getting more stuff from the guys in the past two years+.

14. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

It's out and it sounds like Bad Religion!

AlwaysEvolving21, Orla and .K. like this.
  15. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I love new Bad Religion anything. The new song is definitely a Bad Religion song haha.

I made an "EP" (playlist) of the 5 one-off songs they released over the past couple years for anyone interested. They deserve a home.

JRGComedy and JaytotheGee like this.
  16. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I hope they keep this up.

17. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Profane Rights is such a monster of a song

AlwaysEvolving21 and .K. like this.
  18. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I wonder how many Age of Unreason treats they may have left for us?

19. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Hopefully more haha. I’ve been listening to it more and more the past couple weeks. Love the freakin album.

20. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

.K. likes this.
  21. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I love this quote from Greg:

“I think that’s a testimony to the fact that we didn’t go seeking approval from anyone, but we remained committed to writing provocative music and trying to create better awareness among citizens of the world,” he said. “That’s something we can be proud of.”

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  22. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Found this recent interview with Brian. He talks about life in Covid, one-off BR songs being released, a possible live show (only if the quality will be good or they'll pull the plug on the idea), their new book, Fake Names/currently recording new songs, and the future of music.

.K. likes this.
  23. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Brian’s just so cool. I love how much he loves being in Bad Religion. He seems so genuine every interview I see him in.

24. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, he's the man. He's one of the two dudes who inspired me to learn guitar. Still need to meet that guy.

.K. likes this.
  25. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I’m sure he’s even more awesome in person. Plus, just practicing with friends in a safe environment because you need to feel the energy of the music tells you how passionate he still is about what he does.