Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bad Religion Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by AlwaysEvolving21, Feb 15, 2017.

1. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

One more week (unless the post a stream earlier).

JRGComedy likes this.
  2. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

This is very good.

3. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I want

.K. likes this.
  4. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

The look on their faces.

danielm123 and JRGComedy like this.
  5. Kuri44

6. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I'm very excited to see these guys on Sunday. Its been 10 years since I've seen them live. Crazy how time flies.

JRGComedy likes this.
  7. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Have fun!

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  8. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

These guys ripped it last night. They had a circle pit going about 90% of the time. Seeing Lose Your Head, Dichotomy, You, Them and Us, and Skyscraper live was awesome.

Also got to meet Tony Hawk. He was straight chillin right next to me in the far back before going to his VIP section where his wife and family were. Only said hi.

choke, smoke4thecaper and JRGComedy like this.
  9. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Pretty interesting. Brian uses Billie Joe's Marshall amp and mixes it with a Kemper Profiler Digital amp.

10. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

where’s the place to start with these fellas

JRGComedy likes this.
  11. Kuri44

My brother would say it doesn’t matter cause every song sounds the same lol, but I think their best albums are No Control, Stranger Than Fiction, and The Process of Belief

phaynes12 and AlwaysEvolving21 like this.
  12. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I’d say start with Process of Belief. Mainly because it encompasses a little of early BR, mid-career BR, and recent BR. It’s my second favorite of theirs.

My favorite is Gray Race.

Suffer and No Control are very loved albums by long time fans and are really the beginning points to their sound and vibe.

Stranger Than Fiction made them go a little more mainstream.

I personally think Recipe For Hate and New America are their most underrated albums.

You can’t really go wrong with this band. Old and new, practically every song stands the test of time lyrically. It’s insane.

phaynes12 and .K. like this.
  13. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

You really can’t go wrong, but you do have options.

Option 1: Suffer (1988) and work through their discography (even though it’s not really the start). Kind of builds the history and let’s your hear their sound.

Option 2: Stranger Than Fiction, which really showed of their sound diversity. It’s a nice uncompromising sort of major label debut, and maybe my favourite. Then listen to Gray Race and Against The Grain. If you like The Gray Race keep going towards new releases. If you like Against the Grain work your way to older releases

Option 3: Listen to their songs Sorrow, 21st Century Digital Boy, I Want To Conquer The World, Infected, True North. If you like those songs you’ll like you like all Bad Religion. I am not even saying those are their best songs because they have so many. It just sort of represents what they are like musically and lyrically.

phaynes12 likes this.
  14. phaynes12

i think i actually did option 3 before reading that post haha. i’ll start with the albums today, really like what i heard

15. danielm123

Trusted

Surprised nobody mentioned Enpire Strikes First. That's always been close to my favorite of theirs (True North may have surpassed it though) and has one of my favorite intros to any album ever

Orla and JRGComedy like this.
  16. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

I would start with Process of Belief, mainly because that's where I started back when it came out in 2002, and it was a great intro to the band.

17. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Age of Unreason and work your backwards would work too. Such a fantastic release last year.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  18. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Lol everyone has said it really well! I started by listening to the big singles and then just kinda chose an album from every era.

Recipe For Hate, Process, Empire, and True North are my favorite albums

tomdelonge likes this.
  19. tomdelonge

Trusted

yap, give a listen to something from each era, it's all more or less the same (in a good way tho!)

My picks would be

No Control (personally i think this record is considerably better than Suffer, i dunno if that's some kinda take or not)
    Process
    True North (or Age Of Unreason, that one's cool too)

JRGComedy likes this.
  20. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

No Control and Recipe for Hate are my favorites

21. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

This activity got me jamming them again. Damn, they’re still my favorite punk band of all time.

choke, phaynes12 and .K. like this.
  22. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I return to them so very often. I think their stuff just continuously feels relevant, Greg still sounds great, and they really haven’t diverted to much stylistically from the band we all discovered at whatever point we discovered them.

I also wanted to point out the lyrical foreshadowing on No Substance for today’s political climate, which I guess speaks to the fact they write different lyrics in general to what majority of artists put out there. Familiarly refreshing band.

23. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

And Brooks is one of the best punk drummers of all time

24. phaynes12

does gurewitz ever play any live shows with them? like, even in LA?

JRGComedy likes this.
  25. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I saw them in LA and he was not there. Pretty sure he's songwriting and recording only. Best gig in the biz lol

phaynes12 and AlwaysEvolving21 like this.