Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bad Religion Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by AlwaysEvolving21, Feb 15, 2017.

1. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Yep, sounds like Bad Religion! :thumbup:

2. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

New single!

3. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I like it! When are they going to finallly put out the new record?

4. DesolateEarth

Birb

5. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Great news!

.K. and JRGComedy like this.
  6. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

The new song is exactly what I was hoping for from these guys. Short, fast, and in your face.

7. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I was listening to Stranger Than Fiction yesterday, wondering when something would finally be announced. So excited for this. They really know how to do interesting album titles and stay true to themselves as a band.

JRGComedy likes this.
  8. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Can't believe True North came out 6 years ago already

Drewski likes this.
  9. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Holy shit.

JRGComedy likes this.
  10. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I'll put it this way: I was a senior in high school and now I've been out of college for two years haha

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  11. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Fuck yes! Next to JEW, this is my most anticipated. I love that they already let us hear a few b-sides last year— this is the album we need!

Also love the cover. Can’t wait to hear them rip 45 and his admin apart.

JRGComedy likes this.
  12. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

Finally. Feels like I've been waiting forever for a new album.

13. choke

Skatecat

Great news. Song is very good too.

14. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Yeah at this point I feel like the band would have to actually TRY to be shitty

15. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

One of my favourite bands. I’m still amazed how Greg’s voice has remained so consistent, and I love they they’ve never really tried to alter their sound to be like anyone else, even when dealing with member changes. Excited for May.

16. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Listening to Recipe For Hate right now and I love how Eddie Vedder basically sings a whole verse in Watch It Die.

A lot of people still don’t know that haha. Makes me like Pearl Jam even more.

mike1885 and JRGComedy like this.
  17. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Really cool and hilarious that they got him while still on Epitaph and before Smash broke haha

18. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

It makes you realize/puts into perspective how influential Bad Religion was and still is on bands. It was probably really cool for Eddie to guest on and tour with Bad Religion (way back when). I’ve read Fat Mike talk about how influential Bad Religion was to him as well, and how they are his favourite band.

BR really holds a distinct sound. Greg’s voice, guitar solos, harmonies, lyrics content (which is impressive with two writers), the speed of the music and urgency of the message. 4 seconds into a BR song you know it’s them. Plus the longevity. They have stayed ahead of relevance. It’s very unapologetic and informed.

I am fan.

choke, Drewski, danielm123 and 2 others like this.
  19. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

From like my sophomore to senior year of high school I would listen to almost nothing but Bad Religion and one friend in particular would get annoyed.

Fast forward five years and I hop in his car with him to go pick up some supplies for our friend's wedding and he's play Empire Strikes First and agreeing that they're great haha

AlwaysEvolving21 and .K. like this.
  20. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Sometimes I wish these guys would re-record some of their really old stuff. Doesn’t have to be entire albums, but a select few songs for an EP/5” or something.

Mainly bc they play these older songs live now and they sounds so damn good haha. Especially The Dichotomy.

JRGComedy likes this.
  21. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Lol, agreed! The Dichotomy sounded so much better I thought it was a different song haha. Would love a re-recording of Billy Gnosis, maybe another take on the song Bad Religion, and pretty much anything from the Back to the Known EP. It blows my mind how 80s the drums on that thing are.

22. .K. Apr 10, 2019
    (Last edited: Apr 10, 2019)
    .K.

Trusted Prestigious

That’d be cool. I do think that bands sometimes do live albums and this is one of the dual purposes.

JRGComedy and AlwaysEvolving21 like this.
  23. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

24. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I listen to My Sanity a lot a lot.

AlwaysEvolving21 and JRGComedy like this.
  25. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Me too

.K. likes this.