Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bad Religion Band • Page 19

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by AlwaysEvolving21, Feb 15, 2017.

1. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

im good with the same bc they do it better than anyone else at it

2. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Isn’t that kinda of what Millport is supposed to be? Man on a Mission is a great song though, and I say that as someone who doesn’t love slide much…they just used it so appropriately in that song.

3. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I thought about that. But I’m really talking about more electric style stuff. And yeah, they put the slide guitar to great use in this season. It seemed like they enjoyed it enough to add it to the live set moving forward.

4. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I enjoy when bands throw in a new instrument on a song, which is why Man on a Mission is memorable and a stand out, but if they use it on a new record o hope they don’t overuse it…it’s really got to suit a song. That goes with any instrument really outside the normal line up in my mind.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  5. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Very true!

6. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Loved season 2, maybe even more than season 1, which seemed a little more geared to the casual fans. It was awesome to get to know their crew a little bit and have them really expand the setlists to include some very inspired choices

7. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Brett being included a lot more in season 2 was also a highlight. I love the partnership and understanding they all have together. They clearly know each others strengths and roles.

More bands need to do that if the opportunity rises. At the end of the day it just benefits everyone.

.K. and JRGComedy like this.
  8. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Really cool interview.

.K. likes this.
  9. razorburn

Trusted

.K. likes this.
  10. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I have been doing a Bad Religion full discography run this month for the first time and am really enjoying it.

Looks like all episodes of the Decades streams are still up for $40 total. Thinking it’s time.

11. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

It’s time and it’s awesome.

Daniel182 and .K. like this.
  12. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

it’s fine and they’re great and it’s awesome

13. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Listened to No Substance a lot this week. I love the production on it. Everyone sounds huge. Fun and quirky album!

14. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Definitely one of their weirdest, but yeah the production rules and the songs that pop off really pop off. One of Bobby's best performances too.

15. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

That album was more on the rock side of punk rock and they did a really good job of allowing the production to compliment that.

Also, that album gave some more room for instruments to breathe. It’s a neat album in their discography and probably under appreciated because people are so apt to compare.

Strange Denial, No Substance and the last two songs are probably my favourites on here, but I enjoy this record.

16. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Listening to Dissent of Man right now. Solid rock album. Its crazy the album is 11 years old. I LOVE the production on this one a lot too. The first half straight rips and the second half is.....'where the fun is'. I just read they used a telecaster a lot during the recording process too, so that's a cool fun fact. Mostly a telecaster and Brett's Les Paul.

Still believe 'Finite' is one of their best songs written.

17. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

My first new album as a fan, so I have a lot of love for it!

Orla, .K., danielm123 and 1 other person like this.
  18. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Finite is such a good song. I always wonder how such good songs get left off albums (like News From The Front). At least these guys put out bsides and have deluxe versions to get those other a awesome songs out there too.

JRGComedy likes this.
  19. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

They still haven't released a studio version of Dream of Unity have they? I've only heard it on their live album Tested.

20. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I can't tell if this version I have is from Tested or not?

21. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

That one sounds different because there.s a little guitar riff thats not in the tested version I have. Yours also has a solo haha. SICK!

JRGComedy likes this.
  22. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

need to do a discog run soon, been a real while

Orla likes this.
  23. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

No idea where I got it haha

24. choke

Skatecat

Actually they did, check this out:

Bad Religion – Dream Of Unity (1997, CD)

Different studio version (slower than the original).Recorded
    September 4, 1996 at Polypterus Studio in Ithaca, New York.

Didn't listen to the version JRGComedy posted, but I would assume this is the one.

AlwaysEvolving21 and JRGComedy like this.
  25. THW

It appears these guys enjoyed learning some deep cuts from the Decades shows because they played quite a few songs that I've never heard them play before a couple of nights ago. Just thinking about how good Skyscraper sounded is still giving me chills.

It was great to be back at a Bad Religion show. Can confirm they still kill it live.

JRGComedy, AlwaysEvolving21 and .K. like this.
  26. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Hey BR fans!

I'm a musician/comedian launching a Bad Religion podcast early next year with another musician/comedian friend. We're planning on it being a song-by-song celebration of the band in all of its forms!

What I want to know is what would you like to hear in a weekly Bad Religion podcast? How do we not mess this up for you?