Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bad Religion Band • Page 13

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by AlwaysEvolving21, Feb 15, 2017.

1. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, the sobriety stuff is something I wish they would expand more on. Not just so we get to know them better, but mainly so fans who may be struggling know there's a way out.

I won't lie. They're not my main or only reason, but they definitely inspired me to say fuck it and go completely sober this year. That and the fact that I'me becoming a father in late Feb/early March haha.

JRGComedy likes this.
  2. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Good for you! Congrats.

I actually really related to Greg in that sense. It was cool reading Do What You Want and seeing how Greg and Brett became really successful outside the band as well leading very different lives.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  3. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

a good day to listen to BR

phaynes12 likes this.
  4. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

They just shared this.

5. THW

Candidate was already one of my favorite songs in quite some time from them but listening to it and hearing the topicality of the lyrics gave me chills. We're all so lucky to have this band. What an incredible performance.

6. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Candidate definitely needs to be played live on a Late Night show.

.K. likes this.
  7. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Yep. And sadly most people wouldn’t get it.

8. razorburn

Trusted

So wholesome.

9. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Imagine being person hiking desert trails that doesn’t know much about rock/punk music and seeing those two guys together. The thought of “those guys must be rockstars” or “yeah, those guys are punk rock legends” would never cross your mind haha.

.K. and THW like this.
  10. THW

I feel inspired to do an album ranking for these guys while understanding it would be quite an undertaking. How does everyone else feel about it?

11. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Mine changes all the time, but I'm always down haha

12. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Mine changes too, but count me in.

13. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

News From The Front is such a great song, just keeps seeming relevant which is so sad.

14. THW

Okay I’ll start us off:
    1) Recipe for Hate
    2) Generator
    3) Process of Belief
    4) Against the Grain
    5) True North
    6) No Control
    7) New America
    8) Age of Unreason
    9) The Gray Race
    10) Stranger than Fiction
    11) Suffer
    12) Empire Strikes First
    13) New Maps of Hell
    14) Dissent of Man
    15) No Substance
    16) How Could Hell Be Any Worse?

This might be the hardest album ranking I’ve ever done. I’m sure it won’t be without controversy though. I’m looking forward to everyone else’s.

AlwaysEvolving21, .K. and JRGComedy like this.
  15. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I don’t think there will be controversy. People may have wildly different lists, but most of the people who comment hear talk about and enjoy all the records (or reply people who do).

THW likes this.
  16. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

1.) Gray Race
    2.) Process of Belief
    3.) Recipe For Hate
    4.) Age of Unreason
    5.) Against The Grain
    6.) True North
    7.) No Control
    8.) Empire Strikes First
    9.) Generator
    10.) Suffer
    11.) New America
    12.) Stranger Than Fiction
    13.) Dissent of Man
    14.) No Substance
    15.) New Maps of Hell
    16.) Into The Unknown
    17.) How Could Hell Be Any Worse?

Yeah this is super difficult haha. My first four and last two are solid though.

.K., JRGComedy and THW like this.
  17. THW

I’m just now realizing I forgot to put Into the Unknown on mine. That might be because of the fact that I’ve only listened all the way through two or three times. Haha it’s not a bad album I just think their execution did not match up with their ambition. The Dichotomy sounds great when they bust it out live though.

I’m glad to see I’m not the only one with How Could Hell that low. It might be higher for me if it sounded better but the production makes it hard to listen to.

JRGComedy, .K. and AlwaysEvolving21 like this.
  18. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

If they re-recorded How Could Hell it would probably end up pretty high on my list.

Orla and .K. like this.
  19. THW

That would be an interesting album to hear with modern production and Greg’s more mature voice

20. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Those songs sound great in live sets, so I’d be cool for them to just bang them out live as a re-record.

JRGComedy and AlwaysEvolving21 like this.
  21. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, How Could Hell is probably tied at the bottom with Into the Unknown for me. Some great songs, but it feels like the band just getting started. I'll do my full ranking tomorrow or later tonight!

22. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Recipe For Hate
    The Gray Race
    Empire
    Process
    True North
    Generator
    No Control
    Suffer
    New Maps of Hell
    Age of Unreason
    Against the Grain
    Stranger Than Fiction
    The Dissent of Man
    New America
    No Substance
    How Could Hell Be Any Worse?
    Into the Unknown

23. Indy182

I've been really getting into BR over the last few weeks. They've been a band i've enjoyed for years but I never really took a deep dive into their back catalogue.

What I like is that anyone could make a valid argument for any of their albums being their favourite. There's strong stuff all the way through here. I put on Dissent yesterday and while it doesn't feature high on many lists, it just hit me in the best way and now I can't stop listening to it.

fredwordsmith, Orla and JRGComedy like this.
  24. razorburn

Trusted

Great to see some love for The Gray Race. Always thought that record was underrated.

25. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

As of 3 weeks ago, Greg said in this interview that the tour with Alkaline Trio is still going to happen.

fredwordsmith and JRGComedy like this.