Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bad Religion Band • Page 11

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by AlwaysEvolving21, Feb 15, 2017.

1. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

I love Tim so that’s why I like it so much. It’s blazing fast and the guitar tone is super fucked up. It’s the first song I listen to when I run. It’s what I would play if I was sprinting out of a tunnel.

JRGComedy likes this.
  2. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

That's a great description! My favorite part is "submerged in electric WAVES" (waves waves waves waves waves)

.K. likes this.
  3. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

television’s like your crazy friend coming over and you’re just along for the ride

JRGComedy likes this.
  4. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

How Could Hell: We're Only Gonna Die, Fuck Armageddon, In the Night

Into the Unknown: The Dichotomy, It’s Only Over When, Losing Generation

Suffer: Do What You Want, 1,000 More Fools, Suffer

No Control: I Want to Conquer the World, Henchman, No Control

Against the Grain: Turn On The Light, Modern Man, Walk Away

Generator: Generator, Too Much To Ask, Tomorrow

Recipe For Hate: Don't Pray On Me, Skyscraper, Kerosene

Gray Race: Spirit Shine, Them and Us, Parallel

STF: Better Off Dead, News From the Front, Tiny Voices

No Substance: Victims of the Revolution, Hear It, Sowing The Seeds of Utopia

New America: Don't Sell Me Short, You've Got A Chance, A Streetkid Named Desire

Process of Belied: Kyoto Now!, Destined For Nothing, Sorrow

Empire: Sinister Rouge, The Quickening, Social Suicide

New Maps: Submission Complete, Honest Goodbye, Requiem For Dissent

Dissent: Wrong Way Kids, The Resist Stance, Finite

True North: True North, Land Of Endless Greed, Robin Hood

Age of Unreason: My Sanity, Candidate, Old Regime

Top 3 albums:

Gray Race
    Process of Belief
    Recipe For Hate

.K. and JRGComedy like this.
  5. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I love Chorus because even the Bad Religion fans here like the weird albums haha. Over in the Facebook group, people are pretty much ride or die for Suffer or No Control.

.K. likes this.
  6. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

The weird albums have such distinctive charm to them. The Bad Religion charm.

7. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

They truly don't have a bad album in my eyes. A few I like less than others, but even those have their charms for sure.

AlwaysEvolving21 and .K. like this.
  8. THW

I know I’m a little late to this party but I’ll throw my favorites out as well.

How Could Hell: Damned to be Free, Fuck Armageddon, Only Gonna Die
    Suffer: When, Pessimistic Lines, Best For You
    No Control: Anxiety, Big Bang, Conquer the World
    ATG: Faith Alone, Anesthesia, Walk Away
    Generator: Two Babies, Too Much, Generator
    Recipe: Man with a Mission, Skyscraper, Struck a Nerve
    STF: Better Off Dead, Slumber, Infected
    Gray: Cease, Drunk Sincerity, Parallel
    NS: Shades of Truth, In So Many Ways, Strange Denial
    NA: Don’t Sell Me Short, Streetkid, There Will Be a Way
    POB: Epiphany, Sorrow, Kyoto Now
    Empire: All There Is, Live Again, LA is Burning
    New Maps: Dearly Beloved, Grains of Wrath, New Dark Ages
    Dissent: Wrong Way Kids, Only Rain, Avalon
    True North: The Island, Past is Dead, True North

I’m only just now realizing how many closers I have on my list. What can I say the band knows how to finish an album

AlwaysEvolving21, JRGComedy and .K. like this.
  9. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I think I need to make a playlist with my 3 favorite songs from each album list haha.

JRGComedy and .K. like this.
  10. THW

I remember when I first got into the band I was told from everyone to avoid the Brett-less albums so I didn’t listen to them for years. And then when I finally checked those albums out they had some of my all time favorite songs from the band on them and I was pissed LOL

11. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

There are definitely some songs that I didn’t know other people appreciated as much as I do like Strange Denial. I love the impact of those momentary pauses.

They also do know how to close an open and and close an album quite well. Create some urgency at the start like your taking a deep breath and finish the album with an exhale. They sequence tracks on an albums with some skill.

JRGComedy likes this.
  12. danielm123

Trusted

I'm not sure if I could do a top 3 list from each album because there are some albums I haven't heard in years (and a few albums that I don't think I've ever actually heard), but I'll do top three albums and maybe come back to this in a bit:
    Empire
    The Grey Race
    True North

JRGComedy likes this.
  13. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I’d suggest looking at common tracks on peoples list from an era of BR you like and sampling them if you want a summary to see if you’d like a certain album.

Even their Christmas covers album is good too for a listen.

danielm123 and JRGComedy like this.
  14. danielm123

Trusted

Yeah was definitely planning on breaking out thw Christmas album over the next few days

JRGComedy likes this.
  15. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

I have always skipped the Brettless records. I have heard NS and TNA exactly twice each, and TGR a handful of times. I like the songs I picked from those but not even close to anything else in the catalog.

16. THW

Up until we started doing these lists I thought I was the only one who liked Strange Denial. The guitar solo that closes out that song is musical perfection.

AlwaysEvolving21, JRGComedy and .K. like this.
  17. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I really hope they release audio versions of these decades set lists, a dvd release, or a decades boxset. I’d drop money on that.

I’m going to be sad when we can’t go back and rewatch these things. Ugh.

JRGComedy likes this.
  18. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I haven't quite figured out how to preserve them yet, but I'm working on it!

19. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Asked Jay about possible audio release, but now I want Into The Unknown with fog machines and mustaches

991013C6-5415-4443-ACC2-F10BFFDF9D06.jpeg

JRGComedy likes this.
  20. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

They definitely got a sense of humour.

21. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I've lost count how many times I've watched/had these two episodes playing in the background and we still have two more episodes.

My best friend, who introduced me to BR and is my songwriting partner, is coming to visit right after Xmas. He's going through some major life changes right now, so I'm super stoked to watch these episodes with him.

JRGComedy likes this.
  22. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

999F8626-676D-4595-B3C3-2635D893F808.png

merry merry

23. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

That was a good 00's setlist. Quite a few surprises in there, for me at least. You could tell they were having a blast during that performance.

JRGComedy and fredwordsmith like this.
  24. THW

I really enjoyed the 2000's setlist as well! My jaw nearly hit the floor when they started playing Let It Burn. Bored and Extremely Dangerous was also a very nice surprise. Both of those songs sounded great live too so may they could add them into future setlists. It will be interesting to see what the 2010's setlist looks since they will be pulling from only three albums.

25. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Going to watch probably Monday, but already looked at the setlist and yes there are some great surprised in there!!