Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bad Religion Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by AlwaysEvolving21, Feb 15, 2017.

1. AlwaysEvolving21 Feb 15, 2017
    (Last edited: Aug 28, 2020)
    AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Didn't see a thread for this iconic and legendary punk band, so here it is.

Bad Religion is education.

alphab0t and HueyLewis like this.
  2. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Anyone know whats going on with these guys?

I know Greg just released his solo album, Brian has been playing Dag Nasty shows, and Jay has been playing with Me First and Gimmes Gimmes.

Know of any plans of a new album? It's been a bit for them!

3. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Wasn't an album set for 17/18 at some point?

4. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

ChrisCantWrite likes this.
  5. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

I'll just leave this here.

AlwaysEvolving21 and JRGComedy like this.
  6. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

No Substance is a great song! One of my favorite bands and possibly the most influential punk band in my life.

Empire is my fav, but I love songs on all the albums.

7. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Gray Race is one of my all time favorite records. Aside from that, I really like Process of Belief and even New America.

JRGComedy likes this.
  8. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

We argued over which Bad Religion album was better. Well I thought No Control or Suffer.

MikeyPaine and FrenzalRob like this.
  9. Eva89

Trusted Prestigious

True North has some of my favorite Bad Religion songs, but Suffer and Empire are my favorite records. Band played a show 5 minutes from my house last year but somehow i missed that, still hate myself for not knowing.

JRGComedy likes this.
  10. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

True North is such a solid album.

Erwin89 likes this.
  11. Eva89

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah it is, it sounds amazing aswell. New Maps Of Hell has great songs, but sounds like ass.

12. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

It does

Erwin89 likes this.
  13. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Yup..A lot of the harmonies are out of tune on that album too. Super weird for BR.

Erwin89 likes this.
  14. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Good album for the most part though. Brooks is one of my favorite drummers ever. Bobby was great too, but Brooks... Dude was on another level

15. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I miss Bobby's drumming too. Sucks what happened to his shoulder, but Brooks took them up a notch. I thought that dude was there to stay. Can't believe he left haha.

JRGComedy likes this.
  16. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, especially for Avenged Sevenfold. But I'm sure the money was better and maybe he started to feel complacent since True North came out 4 years ago already.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  17. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Yup. He seems like a guy who needs to be doing something constantly.

JRGComedy likes this.
  18. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I recently revisited Into the Unknown and there's a lot to like on that album. Some solid melodies and instrumentation.

Honestly, the album that probably sticks with me the least is Stranger Than Fiction. It's good, but far from my favorite.

Glad to see New America and No Substance getting some love in here, those both have some killer songs.

The Dissent of Man is underrated in my opinion, though it does drop off in the back half of the album.

19. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I just got back from running to a Dissent of Man and New America playlist. So much fun, even if they are considered a more "poppy" Bad Religion.

I used to ride my bike listening to Dissent of Man allllll the time, especially when it first came out. That album is also a road trip album for me haha.

I feel the same about Stranger Than Fiction, there are good songs on there, but its not nearly as loved by me as it is for many fans. My favorite on there is Better Off Dead......Then there's News From The Front, which is definitely a top 10 BR song for me.

JRGComedy likes this.
  20. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Been jamming The New America today.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  21. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who loves New America and No Substance. I'm glad Dissent of Man kinda had moments that reminded me of that record. Love'em all though, and I really want another BR record.

JRGComedy likes this.
  22. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

They're not bad records, just nowhere near my favorites

23. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Stranger Than Fiction is probably my favourite, but those two are cool because they are still Bad Religion with a different feel.

24. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Process of Belief is my favorite

25. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Empire is my fav, then probably True North and Recipe