Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bad Religion - Age Of Unreason (May 3, 2019) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by amorningofsleep, Mar 1, 2019.

1. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I’m pretty sure that was part of it. He’s a dude that needs to be constantly creative/active and Avenged Sevenfold presented him that opportunity. Good for him

.K. and JRGComedy like this.
  2. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Pete was merely serviceable, but I love Brooks' playing, and Bobby was also very good.

This might have been what sold me on Brooks:

3. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

And more $$$

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  4. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Do they do big tours and such? I’m be heard their name before, but they kinda seem out of my interest musically (based on a song I heard from some sports video game).

He’s got a good drummer name though.

5. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Avenged Sevenfold definitely sells way more records and tickets than Bad Religion, yeah.

They tend to hit rock radio pretty hard with each new album, I remember their single "Afterlife" from like 10 years ago haha

6. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Being the youngest member, I’m sure he was looking to be busy and cash in. That’s understandable.

I remember hearing an interview with Brian Baker, and he said the one thing you must never do is quit Bad Religion. No matter what. Wonder why Brooks couldn’t do both bands, since the guys sounded like they loved him.

7. jorbjorb

7 rings

This is so dang good.

8. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Favorite new Greg Graffin exclamation (joining the ranks of Ya-Hey and Wa-Choo): "Sha-mow"

Favorite phrase I don't yet understand: "Philosophically moribund"

Favorite song with the word "Daddy" in it: "Candidate"

9. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

I think I’ll name my next dog Ya-Hey, but I do like how Sha-mow as well...

AlwaysEvolving21 and JRGComedy like this.
  10. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

This album is great. Sounds great too. Just noticed that guy who produced this album was in Reel Big Fish.

JRGComedy likes this.
  11. Gallhammer

Angry Lesbian / Music Lover

The lyrics are incredibly fitting of the times. They hit pretty hard. I'm also a huge fan of the mix of styles they have here and am appreciative of both the poppier songs and the harder, faster songs. I know this is a pretty basic and not very in depth analysis of the album, I just wanted to express how happy I am with the way it turned out. Hopefully my wording/English has not been too awkward. I worry about it a lot despite having spent many years in the US.

JRGComedy, .K. and The Lucky Moose like this.
  12. 333 GANG

ACAB

If it makes you feel better, it didn’t even cross my mind that English may be a second language for you. Your post reads perfectly fine.

amorningofsleep and Gallhammer like this.
  13. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Agreed.

Gallhammer likes this.
  14. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

New America sounds like it was wrote for what’s happening right now.

Greg and Brett have a way of writing about themes that don’t just go away.

The Lucky Moose and Gallhammer like this.
  15. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

In a way, it's pretty sad that songs across their career still apply to now haha. They've been a band for 40 years!

16. The Lucky Moose

I bought the CD and listened to in the car today. Sometimes it made me want to riot and sometimes it made me feel happy and optimistic. So yeah, another great Bad Religion album.

.K. and JRGComedy like this.
  17. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Bad Religion has songs for any mood haha

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  18. The Lucky Moose

I've thought about this today. To me, it's both disturbing as well as, in a weird way, a little comforting.

JRGComedy likes this.
  19. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

This gets better with every listen. It might be my favorite of theirs since Empire.

.K., jorbjorb and JRGComedy like this.
  20. danielm123

Trusted

Love True North and Dissent of Man, but this definitely might end up topping both of those for me

.K. and AP_Punk like this.
  21. DesolateEarth

Birb

Excited to hear this.

22. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

This album is very good. I need to give it more time but it’s trending to be their best since Empire Strikes First for me.

The Approach, title track, Lose Your Head, Big Black Dog, and Old Regime.....all so good.

23. AP_Punk

achin' to be Prestigious

Pretty much where I'm at right now with this one. Always good to have new BR in these clusterfuck times.

24. Super happy everyone seems to like this as much as I do.

mike1885 and JRGComedy like this.
  25. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Remember this when you do your end of year lists.

There really isn’t anyone out there like Bad Religion, and have a sound all of their own. Their albums have longevity (I still listen to all their albums), and are socially relevant.

Glad you like this album too. Wish more people gave this album a listen.

mike1885 likes this.