Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bad Religion - Age Of Unreason (May 3, 2019) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by amorningofsleep, Mar 1, 2019.

1. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I’m jealous you got to witness No Control in full and an Into The Unknown song. Seems like a fun show.

I love that almost 40 years later you still never know what these dudes will give you live since they change it up so much.

JRGComedy likes this.
  2. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Agreed! The first part of the setlist only took them like 45 minutes to play and then they left the stage and I was ready to riot if they didn't come out and play more haha (tickets were a little steep).

But then of course they come out and play No Control in full!

Jason Tate and AlwaysEvolving21 like this.
  3. new tracks are so damn good

JRGComedy likes this.
  4. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Got my album today!

JRGComedy likes this.
  5. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

It’s fantastic, but I’m not surprised. I love how they squeezed in the different sounds of Bad Religion in 33 minutes.

It really amazes me as well how so few bands and artists address current culture topics the way they do. That’s not to say some don’t or won’t for a song, but they just approach it in an intellectual way (and have since the beginning).

6. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

It's amazing how great this band still is nearly 40 years in.

.K. likes this.
  7. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I liked it after first listen. It actually reminded me a lot of Process of Belief/Empire Strikes. It has a mixture of the aggressiveness and quirkiness those albums bring to the table.

The solos on this album absolutely rip too.

.K. likes this.
  8. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Been sicker than hell all week, full blown agony and feeling like complete shit from lack of sleep, coughing, etc.

It’s cool now though. My boys brought it back with a vengeance! This album is everything. After all these years, and they still manage to always keep it fresh. Hail Hail to Mr. Brett and the Professor.

.K. and Jason Tate like this.
  9. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I’d say New America in there as well.

10. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I can see that.

11. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Def some New America vibes on Big Black Dog and Candidate

smoke4thecaper and .K. like this.
  12. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I dig this a lot, love how political it is, and still think the first 3 tracks are incredible. Will have more thoughts by the end of the week, but first impression is positive!

.K. likes this.
  13. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Actually I hear a lot of different albums on different songs. Just sections, like drum intros, guitar solos, song paces. Nothing copied, just elements from No Control, Generator, Dissent, Against the Grain, True North, and the other 3 we mentioned.

I could do every what every song reminds me of, but I’m sure people would prefer to draw their own conclusions. The variety on the album is cool.

14. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Can't wait to find out who wrote each song. Lose Your Head is about as Gurewitz as it gets!

.K. likes this.
  15. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Also,
    Also, E-M-P-I-R-E on Big Black Dog.

It’s cool picking up parts from the discography while this sounds totally fresh an energized. It’s been a long wait between albums (I liked Millport so it bridges the gap a little), but this is exactly what I expected.

Wish more people would check out BR.

AlwaysEvolving21 and JRGComedy like this.
  16. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I'm gonna be pushing this album hard on my social media on Friday haha

17. AlwaysEvolving21 May 1, 2019
    (Last edited: May 1, 2019)
    AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I can't wait to sit down and listen while reading lyrics to see how many words I don't know.

JRGComedy and .K. like this.
  18. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

My favorite phrase so far is "philosophically moribund"

19. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Fucking love “Big Black Dog” & “Downfall” back to back so much.

JRGComedy and Jason Tate like this.
  20. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Old Regime and The Approach are my kind of Bad Religion.

The Approach reminds me of Anesthesia.

JRGComedy likes this.
  21. choke

Skatecat

Yeah, those two along with the title track are my 3 favorites so far. Love some fast paced Bad Religion.

22. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I think I miss Brooks' more creative flair just a little bit, but probably only because he's one of my favorite drummers of all time. New guy is no slouch either and he more than kept up live last month when I saw them too!

My Sanity and Do the Paranoid Style are still all-timers for me and oddly enough I get a TON of New America vibes on this album. Downfall, Since When, and What Tomorrow Brings all sorta have that melodic flair.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  23. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Yeah the new dude holds his own. There are some really cool drum parts on this album. He’s a good mix of Brett and Bobby while adding in his own taste.

24. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I’m guessing Brooks left because BR wasn’t active enough.

I think they’ve always had good drummers. I’m sure technical experts even have a greater appreciation.

JRGComedy likes this.
  25. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Every day I wish we had Suffer, NC, and AtG with Brooks or Bobby on drums instead :crylaugh:

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.