Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bad opinions • Page 932

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by KimmyGibbler, Apr 11, 2016.

1. buttsfamtbh

Trusted

okay bad opinion:
    judas priest was never very good

swboyd likes this.
  2. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

christ mate

3. buttsfamtbh

Trusted

3, maybe 4 good albums. the rest? in the bin

4. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

I'll give you that they have a shit ton of filler especially during the Ripper years, but they have at least 4-6 classic albums depending on how you view it. Hell, Firepower was fucking great considering how long of a band they've been around.

5. buttsfamtbh

Trusted

firepower was a very good album, absolutely. turbo lover can be tossed into the bin

6. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I love how "three or 4 good albums" is nothing.

Big Star, The Stooges, Hendrix, Joplin, The Velvet Underground. All famous for that or less

7. buttsfamtbh

Trusted

sure but for a 50 year career?

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Rob Halford is one of the ten coolest people on the planet

9. buttsfamtbh

Trusted

that's right

10. cshadows2887

Man played the ultimate joke on stupid macho homophobe metalheads that all their tough guy leather biker aesthetic they stole from him was actually just gay culture.

11. buttsfamtbh

Trusted

the leather aesthetic was a part of metal long before rob rode a bike onto stage.

12. cshadows2887

Maybe so but he cemented it in the public consciousness.

13. tomdelonge

Trusted

Hell’s angels bout to fuck u up

14. buttsfamtbh

Trusted

i would blame kiss more

15. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

I have enjoyed Insane Clown Posse's music and lure for the past 23 years. Own their entire discography on cd, Whoop Whoop

16. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

At quick glance I thought this said Laura Hall and thought someone had something bad to say about the pianist from Who’s Line Is It Anyway?

imthesheriff and ImAMetaphor like this.
  17. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

goddammit you forced my hand

listen here you little shit

Elder Lightning and buttsfamtbh like this.
  18. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

I respect the Insane Clown Posse, for many reasons, but chief among them is that takes big brass ones to string your fanbase along from album to album looking like that and sounding like that and then claim it was all a metaphor for finding God. Amazing.

19. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

i dont understand the appeal to ICP or Slipknot. i know its weird i mention both together but somehow it feels right to me.

at least ICP has the new age meta cringe thats actually funny, going for it. like theyre basically only just a meme but somehow people also seriously listen to their music.

throw lil b in there too lol

20. hollowmines

Regular

the appeal of slipknot goes way up if/when cardio becomes a regular part of your life

Friendjamin and Cameron like this.
  21. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

I mean, Slipknot's appeal is the same reason why all heavy, angry, cathartic music is appealing. Not sure why there's any mystery there.

As for ICP, I've actually never listened to their music, and don't plan to start, but I respect the fact that they worked really hard to get where they are and be successful and stay successful, despite all common sense. More power to them to get to a level where a soda brand is synonymous with their music and fanbase. Like, I have no choice but to respect that, IMO.

22. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

That last part is so good. Have no interest in their music but mad props for making yourself millionaires.

23. The Lucky Moose Dec 2, 2022
    (Last edited: Dec 2, 2022)
    The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I think Slipknot’s costume shtick is dumb and has held them back after a while, but I have no opinion on their music (I really lack the context).

As far as I remember ICP has made some good or at least interesting music once (early on), but yeah they’re not good. But like others have said, they’re doing something right. I definitely appreciate the oddity.

I’m not one of those people that is into Lil B’s whole thing, but he is a compelling rapper when he wants to be.

24. buttsfamtbh

Trusted

the best part of insane clown posse is them suing the fbi and arguing in front of congress for trying to label their fans as a violent gang. like that level of dedication to your audience is admirable

25. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I say this as someone who once considered them my favorite band and enjoy both: Coldplay is a poor man’s Radiohead. The worst Radiohead songs are still better than the best Coldplay songs.