Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bad opinions • Page 827

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by KimmyGibbler, Apr 11, 2016.

1. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

How in the blue hell could remembering 123*2^6 be easier than just remembering four numbers?

2. flask

Trusted Supporter

We just have to accept that Fred Durst is on another level

3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

That's insane if true hahahah

4. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Numerology

He did love all those 5%er rappers

5. inspectorkemp

a literal succubitch

Fred is one of those motherfuckers that if he turned out to be some kind of extraplanar being I wouldn't be surprised at all. The smelliest Fey.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  6. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

That’s amazing.

7. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

He’s seen the movie “Fight Club” about 28 times!

cshadows2887 likes this.
  8. JM95

Trusted

And the ending always surprises him.

Zilla likes this.
  9. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Hell yeah it is, Wargreymon and Metalgarurumon's combination evolution was so dope

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  10. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

Meat Loaf “Bat Out of Hell” is every bit as good as the best of Springsteen and the lyrics aren’t any more corny than Bruce’s are but no one’s ready for that conversation.

cshadows2887 likes this.
  11. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

When I lived in Jax I hung out with a group of people that went to high school with him, & I foolishly asked what he was like. They said "he was exactly like you think he was" haha. At least he's genuine, I guess?

inspectorkemp likes this.
  12. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

They are cornier but deliberately so. Any interview with Steinman makes that abundantly clear. He wanted to basically take Springsteen to Broadway and ratchet up the teenage horniness.

Though the real special sauce that makes that album a masterpiece he’d never approach again was Todd Rundgren.

13. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I don't care for dogs. That is my my bad opinion. It takes legit mental energy for me to pretend to like other people's dogs as they're getting their hair all over me and slobbering on me. I don't think I do a good job faking it but I try to be polite. I was ranting to my bf about how there are DOZENS of us who are indifferent to dogs but are too afraid to admit it and he started laughing and showed me this clip which is about what I was saying word for word... Up until the dog fighting and dog eating stuff. And then I realized if I identify so deeply with Dennis reynolds then maybe I should start seeing this animal thing as a problem oop

theagentcoma and Preserved Moose like this.
  14. phaynes12

absolutely re: todd and edgar fucking winter on the sax!!!

idk man "Just wrap your legs 'round these velvet rims and strap your hands across my engines" is the corniest line on either album hahaha

15. tomdelonge

Trusted

Some days I prefer the Bat Out Of Hell lyrics to Brucey...

16. tomdelonge

Trusted

Todd Rundgren has gotta be the most confusing producer ever. He’s so good, but some of his records sound sooooo bad. Next Position Please is songwise one of my favorite Cheap Trick albums, but the record sounds like cardboard, and not the good double walled shit. How did he do that and Skylarking like 2 years apart?

The 2009 Dolls record he did is kind of a headscratcher too. Some of it is so amazing, but then there’s a reggae version of Trash...

17. cshadows2887

You ever see the Classic Albums episode? They go back to the mixing board and solo out some of Todd’s contributions. It’s incredible. He did the motorcycle effect on guitar in one shot.

18. cshadows2887

The album he produced for Fanny is fucking incredible, though. Really insane that it’s so little-known

19. tomdelonge

Trusted

Ya, Fanny is great. I haven’t heard the Todd album, sounds cool tho

cshadows2887 likes this.
  20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Steinman also wrote Total Eclipse Of The Heart about vampires and rewrote it for his failed vampire musical he's the best kind of mad genius

21. cshadows2887

It's called Mother's Pride and for my money it's their best album. Highly recommended.

And "Making Love Out of Nothing at All" for Air Supply, too, which is epic as fuck.

22. phaynes12

i haven’t actually. will check out.

cshadows2887 likes this.
  23. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Never really listened to Meatloaf but Bat Out of Hell is rad. This is my kind of over the top theatrics.

cshadows2887 likes this.
  24. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Objects in the rear view mirror rules

cshadows2887 likes this.
  25. Jbent

Trusted

Team Meat Loaf for me. Bat out of hell a 7 track 45 min classic

Bruce just never seemed cool to me despite building an impressive career being "the boss" idk a great catalogue for fans but never appealed to me