Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bad opinions • Page 820

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by KimmyGibbler, Apr 11, 2016.

1. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

At Slam Dunk last year, Bullet For My Valentine had a 5 minute drum solo. FIVE MINUTES.

To be fair, I was watching Bullet so it was actually the highlight of the set.

Breaking Good and JM95 like this.
  2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

the best solo is of course the harmonica solo

logically this would make Blues Traveler the greatest band of all time but I'm ignoring that

3. JM95

Trusted

Serves you right for watching them.

Jason, their current drummer, is actually crazy fucking good. One of the best session drummers around before he joined Bullet. But I still wouldn't be able to persevere through that crap. Five minute drum solo, surrounded by those songs? Hideous.

4. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I literally just wanted to hear songs from The Poison. I heard like one before I left because the rest was unbearable.

JM95 likes this.
  5. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I think my thing with Taylor Swift is that her voice is just kinda whatever to me. It's not amazing, and it's definitely not grating like some artists, but it's better than 'meh.' I just can't get away from the "teardrops on my guitar" vibes from her voice. And I don't think it is the type of voice that melds with Bon Iver at all, just completely clashing styles.

JM95 and Nate_Johnson like this.
  6. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

[​IMG]

Zilla and theagentcoma like this.
  7. Marx&Recreation Dec 17, 2020
    (Last edited: Dec 18, 2020)
    Marx&Recreation

Trusted

McCartney’s “Wonderful Christmastime” is a ridiculous song but it also rules. The silly basic lyrics distract people from how truly bizarre it is. A hit song that’s all but solely synth+vocals! In 1979!

Really everything from the McCartney II period is under-appreciated as a time that he really tried branching out in a way no artist at his level was trying at the time. All the 60s/70s artists didn’t have their 80s pop records until well after the era was in full swing and the production mold was better established. Half the shit on II sounds more like he’s emulating Kraftwerk. Plus he warned us of the dangers of waterfalls years before TLC

tomdelonge, Orla, Gianni28 and 5 others like this.
  8. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah I never got why everyone hated that song, although I do have a lot of childhood nostalgia for it for some reason

Also it's McCartney lol

Orla and irthesteve like this.
  9. PauLo

43% Burnt

I hate nearly all Christmas music. I worked in a Christmas decorations department in a massive department store from the middle of September 2001 through to January 2002 and listened to it non stop. Had no real opinion on it before that. Now I actively avoid it.

It was around that time I started listening to louder and heavier and weirder music. Come to think of it, listening to all that Christmas music probably shaped my music taste now more than I realised haha.

amorningofsleep likes this.
  10. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

“wonderful christmastime” is a great weird synthesizer jam

Orla likes this.
  11. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

isnt it like 3 synth chord blips into a delay? the repeats seem like they get off tempo too. always thought the instrumentation of that song was weak but I didn’t realize how old a song it was.

12. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I love/hate that song.

Your Milkshake and waking season like this.
  13. cherrywaves

Trusted

I’ve always thought it was fine, I’m never gonna listen to it in my own accord but I don’t understand how it’s so hated

14. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

my explanation for it is endless loopings of christmas music in shopping malls

cherrywaves likes this.
  15. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Working three years at Meijer in high school is the main reason why I hate everything about Christmas.

swboyd likes this.
  16. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I LOVE McCartney’s little robotic guitar lick he repeats later in the song.

17. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

depends on the context. interspersed as a bridge part in a song? i see where it can work. it's almost like an extended fill. giving lars ulrich an extended drum solo at a metallica show? please murder me now.

Orla and waking season like this.
  18. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Working in a grocery store during college made me hate most American holidays. I'm only starting to get back into it this year because my kid is starting to appreciate things like Christmas lights and turkey so I can't help but feel like less of a Grinch.

19. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

haha yeah I just meant like full on solo sections at live concerts

nice avatar btw

swboyd likes this.
  20. inspectorkemp

a literal succubitch

I dig Christmas music but that song and Santa Baby drive me up the wall.

waking season likes this.
  21. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Last Christmas is a legit great song and I’ll give out free fists to people who disagree outside

Philll, Zilla, Leftandleaving and 6 others like this.
  22. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah that's my favorite part of the song

Gianni28 and cshadows2887 like this.
  23. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I‘ve said this exact thing to my girlfriend recently, it’s truly wild that it was and is this huge

Gianni28 likes this.
  24. cherrywaves

Trusted

yeah Santa Baby is terrible I can agree

25. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

Christmas Wrapping by The Waitresses is the best Xmas song.