Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bad opinions • Page 813

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by KimmyGibbler, Apr 11, 2016.

1. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

In certain parts of the UK I've heard it used as a way to say something smells.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  2. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Welcome the Night by The Ataris is incredible, the handful of times I met Kris he was only an asshole one of those times, and I feel extremely bad for whoever his manager is.

3. I’ve met him a ton of times and he’s never been an asshole to me. One time he taught me a simple drum part before the show and then let me go up on stage to play it during “San Dimas.” That was awesome.

HelloThisIsDog likes this.
  4. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

That’s awesome! And the time I’m talking about I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt that he was having a bad day or just not feeling it.

The times after that he knew my name from Facebook/Instagram and remembered me the subsequent times.

5. cherrywaves

Trusted

Thinking about this today. Absolutely immaculate hook, definition of lightning in a bottle.

OhTheWater and waking season like this.
  6. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I really dig the Geoff rickly feature in the one song they did with him, but I don't care for them at all beyond that and it's mind-blowing to me both how big they were and how many musicians I really like(d) seem to go to bat for them

7. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Same thing with Transit. Everything they released through Listen & Forgive was fantastic and then they crashed hard with Young New England and the other one after that.

8. BenSmith94

Trusted

Montrose is an excellent song and it's the Man Overboard song I always go to.

Unfortunately, I found most of their discography fell down lyrically and in part down to Zac's voice. His delivery at times was nauseating, and when that voice is delivering lines like "You want to see something creepy? Remember this? It spent six years in my drawer, it doesn't smell like you anymore", that's not going to entice me to want to listen to more.

HelloThisIsDog likes this.
  9. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I thought World Favourite and Dead End Dreams were good songs too, but I'll admit I forgot MO existed until just now so it's probably just nostalgia.

I used to kinda like MO, but I was just hoovering up anything with that sound 10 years ago.

10. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

I really enjoyed Man Overboard until their 2nd full length where I just felt the songs I already had were better than the newer stuff. Don't listen much anymore.

11. I did like the song they had on the Split with Transit too. It was pretty much early Taking Back Sunday lite but it worked. Otherwise, I couldn't get the appeal for them.

12. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

B-)

dadbolt and Mary V like this.
  13. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

CUZ MAYYY BAYYYYYYY

phaynes12 and The Lucky Moose like this.
  14. flask

Trusted Supporter

I’ve been trying to get Flagpole Sitta up to a billion this whole time. What a shame.

15. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i’m actually shocked smells like teen spirit hadn’t first

or, like, hit me baby one more time lol

edit: per wiki, the only two pre-2010 to cross a billion are wonderwall and bohemian rhapsody

16. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

When I listen to Mobb Deep, Havoc > Prodigy

Contender likes this.
  17. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

The only good version of “The Book of Love” is The Magnetic Fields version. The Peter Gabriel cover especially sucks ass.

18. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Congrats. This is the first post so bad that I wanna throw down. Haha

CarpetElf and Zilla like this.
  19. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I...I think Lulu might be growing on me.

Aregala, unbornwhiskey and JM95 like this.
  20. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

lulu is the best album ever made join the club

Aregala and cshadows2887 like this.
  21. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

[​IMG]

Lulu rules

22. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

23. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

What even compels you to turn on Lulu in 2020

24. JM95

Trusted

A box of chocolates gets her going apparently.

25. JM95

Trusted

Actually that might be Marianne Faithfull.