Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bad opinions • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by KimmyGibbler, Apr 11, 2016.

1. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm in the Springsteen is just ok camp. Same with Radiohead

DesolateEarth likes this.
  2. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

[​IMG]

3. And after the blubbery butts rebound the wimpy kick, FOB kicks ATL's face!!!

beachdude42 and mad like this.
  4. fronkensteen

Trusted

Deftones lost me once Saturday Night Wrists came out. I listen to a single or two from each new release to see if it grabs me, but nope, I can't be bothered to care to listen to the albums.

White Pony is the only full album I care to hear again from them.

5. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

I just straight up cannot want to listen to 97% of straight up alt rock music. turns me off so bad once I hear things that remind me of sounds that I feel have been beat completely into the ground for the last 26 years. people still go nuts for it Im always baffled by it way more than others. It has to be the most stagnant genre I can critically think of. I just don't understand

6. fronkensteen

Trusted

Any examples of what you mean? And what are some of your favorites?

7. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

I love Coldplay more than is probably healthy.

8. JM95

Trusted

Any amount of love for Coldplay is more than is probably healthy.

9. Backstreet Boys are fantastic.

Ainsley&MyWhetstone likes this.
  10. Also, BSB >>>>>> n*sync

11. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Okay, so there's the one that struck a nerve. :)

12. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

haha, if the only record All Time Low ever written was "The Party Scene" then maybe they would compete with being at Fall Out Boy's level (thats probably an unpopular opinion in and of itself). I actually love that record, i listened to it a ton when i was an early teen. the rest of their discography is bad for me though.

hypernights. likes this.
  13. Ainsley&MyWhetstone

Regular

I adore One Direction. Have seen them twice with no shame. The first time my mom went with me. As much as I like all the albums UAN is definitely their weakest IMO and I'm still not the biggest fan of MITAM. Four took me over a year to like but I lovelovelovelove Take Me Home and Midnight Memories. Also, I love Harry more than I love a lot of people I actually know irl.

Kiana likes this.
  14. Holy moly! I can't believe I slipped up, I just edited my original comment. I completely agree that UAN is the band's weakest record, I entirely 100% meant to write Take Me Home. TMH and MM are the band's hands-down best works, and MITAM proved to get better over time for me.

I never saw them live, but I've seen Backstreet Boys twice, and both times fairly recently! Most people hear their name and immediately think back to '99, but I mostly love Backstreet Boys for the albums they've released from 2005-2013. I saw them in 2011 touring for NKOTBSB and again in 2013 for In a World Like This. 2009's This is Us is one of my all-time favorite records.

15. Ainsley&MyWhetstone

Regular

- I can't stand Queen or Meatloaf or any kind of theatrical rock of that sort.
    - I don't see how/why everyone hasn't grown out of liking My Chemical Romance. It just brings back the embarrassment of middle school to me but the fact I can't stand theatrical rock is a big reason why I can't stand them anymore, I hated the Black Parade.
    - I love the first two Angels & Airwaves records though I understand why many don't.

16. Ainsley&MyWhetstone

Regular

I want 1D to re-record UAN with their ~grown voices because I'd think it would be a lot of fun. I've never had the chance to see BSB or any other boybands growing up. BSB is the vastly superior boyband of the late 90s/early 00s!!!

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  17. Agreed! A grown-up version of UAN is an interesting idea. What did you think of Zayn's album?

Also, I'd highly recommend listening to BSB's post-hiatus records if you never have.

18. Also, Jesse McCartney is one of the best and most underrated pop singer-songwriters in the business right now. He outclasses so much of what's on the radio these days.

19. Ainsley&MyWhetstone

Regular

There's a few songs that I really liked (she, tio, and a few others) but I'm not big on R&B so I wasn't totally engrossed.

I fell off the BSB train a while ago, I should check those out, especially since i watched that BSB documentary.

20. Lucas27

Trusted

Sufjan's "The Age of Adz" is easily his weakest record this side of "Enjoy Your Rabbit". The album as a whole doesn't begin to live up to its biggest songs (i.e. "Age of Adz" and "Impossible Soul") and ultimately is weighed down by its own ambitiousness.

Arcade Fire just isn't as impressive to me as people make them out to be and I don't "get" Radiohead's music. I don't know what I'm missing.

The universal dislike for Coldplay is silly. And "Ghost Stories" is a terrific record to listen to front to back.

Ainsley&MyWhetstone likes this.
  21. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

I have zero comprehension why people like Kiss.

Awksome, SVXDan83, Jake Z and 5 others like this.
  22. Doooo itttttt. I think you'll love'em!

Funny, about Zayn, I actually am a huge R&B fan, and I don't think it's an R&B album at all. At least, it never convinces me that it's an authentic R&B album. I hear strands of R&B sounds and melodies thrown together, but ultimately it's second-rate pop music thrown into a blender of R&B sounds that exposes how weak and thoughtless the songcraft is therein. I was pretty upset with it (if you can't tell).

23. Ainsley&MyWhetstone

Regular

I think I can agree with that assessment. Pillowtalk was a strong lead single but I wasn't surprised when the rest of the album kind of fell flat.

I think we are turning this thread into a boy band thread haha.

24. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

I don't like strummed power or octave chords for melody or rhythm

One I like? I liked Daisy

25. JM95

Trusted

I think Teenage Dirtbag is basically as good as music gets.