Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bad Omens Drop off Senses Fail Tour • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 8, 2018.

1. j0nnymarrzbar

Regular

I wish this happened back in like 2008-2011 when Buddy was still full of angst and hate for the scene. There would've been some epic stage rants that's for sure.

All Systems Goku likes this.
  2. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

0DEBCAA3-5164-4A80-B97F-395B962DE5A3.png

3. All Systems Goku

Lovin' the anime appreciation around here! Nice to see!
    [​IMG]

Davjs, St. Nate and Raditz like this.
  4. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

im living for all of this because i cannot believe this is the hill they decided to die on... your band will forever be known as the band who thinks their logo is too small

the graphic designer in me is thriving and feelin validated

5. Raditz

SSJ

Indeed, brother. These are better circumstances than our last encounter, Kakarot!

St. Nate likes this.
  6. Venues should start canceling their concerts because the listings are too small on the poster.

7. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Bad Omens (a band I've never heard of, though I'm not really into this area of music) being all "We won't be bullied by bigger bands" is a great defense, but it really seems like "We won't allow our ego to be checked publicly"

Unless the "contractual issues" were about money or quality of life (accommodations and pay, basically) then this was a fucking idiotic hill to die on. If it's truly about promotion, you did your job. I'm aware of your terrible band and why I'll never hear of your band again

8. summertimejesus

Birds and Guitar

9. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

Honestly, they can't cry about a direct support slot when it's going to be the same length as their headlining slot at a local dive bar. It's just stupid.

10. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

Thanks my dude. Love YuYu Hakusho.

And yes, I agree. Or just dump Amity and get two local bands!

11. zachmacD

Trusted

12. TsD

Entitled children

13. TerrancePryor

Bands rarely allow local bands to open tours. Bon Jovi did something where he had a different local band play each night via contest. Senses Fail and TAA aren't Bon Jovi, though. If a local band were to perform, they would have to sell tickets via the promoter to open. That's how it is at certain venues.

14. Dieonstage675

Just heard back from the Mayors of St. Louis and New Orleans that they pulled off this tour because of spelling errors of their cities respectively on the poster. Bad Omens will still be playing the dates though.

Bad Frequencies likes this.
  15. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

I get that, I was just hoping there'd be a way you guys' poor American ears wouldn't have to be subjected to Amity like ours down under are...

16. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Had no idea you were an Aussie until now. But yeah I've never understood how Amity are the biggest "heavy" band in Australia. Or is PWD still bigger?

17. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

Yep, fair dinkum fucken full grown!

Neither do I. I mean look, I liked them on albums 1 through 4, because that was me between the ages of 15 and 21 and I also liked Confide and A Skylit Drive, but they just stagnated in the worst way possible. But we've got a few other bands that are getting there, for better (Ocean Grove, Northlane) or worse (In Hearts Wake... eugh), so I have hopes they'll get surpassed and people will stop giving a fuck in time.

And yes Parkway are still the top dogs, but with each album I'm feeling like they need to be deposed too. Sad considering they were at one point my greatest source of local scene pride.

18. TerrancePryor

Not possible. Amity are pretty popular in North America.

19. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

Fucking really? Why? You guys have your own terrible and generic scenecore bands - hell you created that whole trip! Why do you want ours?

theasteriskera likes this.
  20. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

I didn't know I needed this sentence in my life until just now

21. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

Well I'm glad my Aussie-isms bring someone joy...

22. dorfmac

Trusted

i might be getting my bands messed up because after almost 20 years of following this stuff i'm getting old, but doesn't this seem like something buddy would have done himself 15 years ago?