Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bad Bunny - X 100PRE (December 24, 2018) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by username, Dec 24, 2018.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

2. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

3. username

hey you lil piss baby

New album out tonight

4. username

hey you lil piss baby

This sounds like Bad Bunny doing Lil Peep or something lol

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Contender likes this.
  6. PauLo

43% Burnt

So, I listened to X 100PRE today and some of his newest yesterday and... I think i'm a fan now? I always just heard bits and pieces and nothing sounded that interesting, but after giving it a proper listen, there's a lot I like. Few bit here and there didn't really stick with me, but enjoyed a lot of it. Gave J Balvin a listen too and he was kinda cool too. Although I prefer BB.

I don't know what's happening to me...

7. username

hey you lil piss baby

Bad Bunny is definitely the one who can appeal most to people that don’t otherwise listen to this music (like myself for the most part). The production is always very interesting and he’s always willing to push boundaries and bring in influences that I haven’t heard in the music of many of his peers. I also prefer his voice to anyone else I’ve heard.

8. PauLo

43% Burnt

Yeah, I can see how he would appeal to a lot more people.

He's also made me realise that I find auto-tune/vocal effects a lot more bearable in languages other than English. I can't work out why that is, though. I noticed last year when I was listening to more French and German rap too. Anyone else ever found that?

9. PauLo Feb 20, 2021
    (Last edited: Feb 20, 2021)
    PauLo

43% Burnt

Was just looking at our Billboard equivalent chart we have over here, just to see how big some of the bigger latin artists fare. Man, we don't listen to much urbano AT ALL. The Despacito effect did not reach the UK!

J Balvin has a couple of singles that charted, one of them is because of the Dua Lipa feature and that only charted at 72. Rosalia has charted just once and again, a feature from Travis Scott is what got her there (although she's a newer artist, so not too surprising). And the man of the thread Bad Bunny has only one song that has ever charted and, yet again, that was only because of a Drake feature. And he's the probably the biggest pop star in the world right now! The only one I could find with a moderate bit of success was Daddy Yankee, but he still only has three songs charted and there was a 10/11 year gap between them.

And none of them have had an album chart. Which just blows my mind. I thought that maybe there would be a bit more presence than there is, but no. I guess there's more "ooooeeeer we speek engerlish over 'ere" types influencing the charts than I thought haha

Contender likes this.
  10. PauLo

43% Burnt

Sorry, i'm bored at work on a Saturday and i'm very tired

11. username

hey you lil piss baby

This single from last week is one of my favourite things he’s put out

12. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

it’s so freaking good

He keeps outdoing himself

13. username

hey you lil piss baby

14. CobraKidJon

It’s not as good as yonaguni but still so good

15. CobraKidJon

He back

16. PauLo

43% Burnt

Yeah, not bad this new one. Drags in places (understandable considering it’s 23 tracks long), but there’s some great stuff in there. Musically, a few surprises too.

17. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Enseñame a Bailar is a good one

This is a long album

18. CobraKidJon

I like side A a little more than side B but it’s a solid project overall. I don’t feel like it can reach the high for me that was YHLQMDLG.

but yeah my only really complaint is maybe cut a few songs I think 18-20 are really the perfect place for him song wise.

19. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

20. PauLo

43% Burnt

His new one from a couple of weeks back is pretty good. Too long at 22 tracks long, but some stellar stuff in there that i'll definitely come back too.