Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bad Bunny - X 100PRE (December 24, 2018) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by username, Dec 24, 2018.

1. username

hey you lil piss baby

Debut album from the Puerto Rican Latin trap artist.

[​IMG]

1. Ni Bien Ni Mal
    2. 200 MPH (Ft. Diplo)
    3. ¿Quien Tu Eres?
    4. Caro
    5. Tenemos Que Hablar
    6. Otra Noche En Miami
    7. Ser Bichote
    8. Si Estuvieremos Juntos
    9. Solo De Mi
    10. Cuando Perriabas
    11. La Romana (Ft. El Alfa)
    12. Como Antes
    13. RLNDT
    14. Estamos Bien
    15. Mia (Ft. Drake)

2. I'm really vibing this record so far.

3. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

im actually quite into this. ive always felt like this sound always had a lot of potential but suffered a lot from its lack of sound diversity and from getting really corny (which this still kind of does). yet as someone who likes rap and is also hispanic i always really wanted to like more music like this but despite some cool singles here and there i was always bored by the lack of ambition in a lot of these albums and how little the sound had evolved (aside from nicer textures a lot of new songs dont sound that much different from the stuff that was coming out in the mid 2000s). but theres really a lot of attempts at diversifying the sound on this album and is very much treated like an album rather than just the big singles plus some random unassuming tracks. quite happy with this.

Anna Acosta likes this.
  4. enlliac

The Real Azor Ahai

RLNDT reeeeeaaaaallly gets to me

5. username

hey you lil piss baby

This is so good. I'm really surprised how much I like it because very little of this urbano sound has done much for me in the past (I like the Beyonce version of Mi Gente, but not much else that I've heard). When I heard "Estamos Bien" a couple weeks before the album, something finally clicked though. The production is incredible top to bottom. I love that there's a pop punk song on it too.

6. username

hey you lil piss baby

7. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

8. username

hey you lil piss baby

GrantCloud likes this.
  9. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

How is the new album...?

10. username

hey you lil piss baby

Can't speak for the whole record yet but I just started it and the first track is super cool

11. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

12. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Well I didn't realize the debut got an 8.2. A little less wild in that case.

13. username

hey you lil piss baby

Hell yeah. The record rules, though I think I prefer X 100PRE by a slight margin as of now. I've been obsessed with "Si Veo a Tu Mama" since the album dropped. The production sounds like some 16bit, early Lil Yachty stuff.

14. username

hey you lil piss baby

It's also worth noting that that record was number 6 on their 2019 list and 99 on the decade list, while "Caro" was number 5 on the 2019 songs list and 166 on the decade list. They're definitely huge into him over there, it's actually more wild that X 100PRE didn't get BNM imo

Ben likes this.
  15. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

That's crazy, no idea how that flew under the radar for me haha. Guess I need to get a little more familiar with his work. Always enjoyed the random single I hear here or there, but never listened to a full album.

16. username

hey you lil piss baby

That album coming out on Christmas eve definitely made for a strange case in reception. I definitely recommend his stuff though. I don't listen to much Latin trap and the other similar sounds that are proliferating the mainstream lately - a lot of it really blends together for me - but Bad Bunny has such a unique voice and chooses really interesting, often strange production (there's literally a pop punk song on X 100PRE lol) that I'm so drawn to his music.

Ben likes this.
  17. username

hey you lil piss baby

18. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

god this album rules so much

The run from si veo a tu mama to yo perreo sola is chefs kiss for me

19. username

hey you lil piss baby

20. CobraKidJon

my king

21. username

hey you lil piss baby

The beat switches on "BAD CON NICKY" :fire:

22. CobraKidJon

this album is very cool but I don’t think it tops the previous one for me

23. CobraKidJon

I just want it to be known that I still believe La Santa is a song of the year candidate for me tbh.

24. username

hey you lil piss baby

Yeah, it's def not as good as either of his other album imo but it's still got some incredible high points. In the back half especially.

25. marioeatworld

Keep on moving. Busy street.

Las que no iban a salir is an album of b-sides and leftovers, so it is understandable that it's not as good as some of his other projects. It's still great.

Contender likes this.