Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bad Books Band • Page 9

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by h8bit, Apr 6, 2016.

1. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Good article, however, I would not label the first two Bad Books albums as 'catchy and upbeat.' A few songs here and there, sure, but the majority I would not put that label on it.

KidLightning likes this.
  2. AshlandATeam

Trusted

I’ve often wondered: who writes those sorts of things? Obviously there are quotes from the band, but it reads like a publicist. Do they get to veto stuff? Do you hire these people and what you get is what you get?

3. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Damn kind of lame that they're not playing with a drummer

Jim and Serenity Now like this.
  4. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Makes me not as angry to potentially miss this tour.

5. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I was planning on Detroit but yeah I'm not sure if I want to make a 2.5 hour drive for an acoustic show :/

6. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Bad Books - Drummer-Less (June 7, 2019)

7. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Likewise, I was thinking Columbus or Pittsburgh, if at all. Also, pretty big venues to be playing acoustic. They're already playing a bunch of quiet songs as is. I specifically recall the Columbus/Newport show people talking loudly over the very quiet songs.

8. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Why are they playing without a drummer?

9. AshlandATeam

Trusted

10. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

:-/

11. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Mark me as cautiously optimistic. The cynic in me is very worried that this release will be less interesting based on all of this news. Hoping I'm sorely mistaken.

Coming from a fan who appreciates things like KD's acoustic stuff & MO's Swiss Army soundtrack, but doesn't listen to most of that stuff or seek it out.

12. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I actually think the album itself could be very cool/extremely great with no drummer (Hell, Hope is unbelievably beautiful)...But in a live setting, across all their material, in the venue sizes that they're playing, may not translate well.

coleslawed and teebs41 like this.
  13. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

wait, is the album literally without a drummer or is that just speculation

14. AshlandATeam

Trusted

According to the article with quotes from Andy posted in this thread somewhere.

15. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

No drums does not equal boring.

These guys all have a track records and many examples of songs with no drums. Although I’m slightly surprised I am not worried in any way.

coleslawed and AshlandATeam like this.
  16. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

I’m very interested in hearing how this is executed, and I think it’s cool they’re trying something different.

Colin Your Enthusiasm likes this.
  17. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

no one said anything about it being boring lol

Joe4th likes this.
  18. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

andys solo acoustic shows are my favorite so...

19. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I am aware. I didn’t reply or quote anyone.

AshlandATeam likes this.
  20. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Kevin is amazing live acoustic.

I don’t know if every artist could pull this off without it getting stale quickly, but Bad Books, Kevin and Andy have all done acoustic songs and set before.

I also don’t expect this to be an acoustic record. I’m expecting something to add flare to songs.

teebs41 likes this.
  21. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

It’s acoustic guitars and Robert playing piano I Bleiler

22. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

a prime example.

local_corn likes this.
  23. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

coleslawed likes this.
  24. BoldTitan Apr 17, 2019
    (Last edited: Apr 17, 2019)
    BoldTitan

Trusted

I don't mind not having them in the record as they've shown they can make incredible songs without them. I am worried, as many others here have said, about the live shows with that many people and these venues being an acoustic show. Especially with my flights already booked.

Also...the VIP package comes with an acoustic show...as if that's not the show already?

I really enjoyed Andy's solo show. But I guess I would have just liked a mix of the soft stuff and the drum stuff. Especially with bringing my pop punk friend.

25. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I love Andy and Kevin when they do acoustic but I would be bummed if there's no rhythm section on the new album.