Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bad Books Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by h8bit, Apr 6, 2016.

1. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

This might sound really dumb, but I imagine the title of this album was going to be 'iii' as suggested in their original post FOUR WEEKS AGO... In the meantime, The Lumineers just announced that their album is officially going to be titled 'iii' and I'm wondering if there is some thought to change the album title and/or some type of legal matter going on.

2. travisred

Trusted Supporter

3. ManchesterOrch8

Motel. Money. Murder. Madness.

Yeah, Led Zeppelin is suing both of them.

;)

4. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I mean...it's one thing to name an album 'iii' 50 years after another band did it...but kind of weird to have two bands release an album by the same name in the span of possibly weeks/months of each other.

Anyway, I doubt that's the real reason we haven't heard from them in FOUR WEEKS since their initial posting, but I did find it real odd when I saw The Lumineers announce their 'iii' album title the other day.

5. ManchesterOrch8

Jesse West likes this.
  6. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

It’s 2019...you can’t tease something on March 11 and then not follow up with...anything for 4 straight weeks.

7. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Teaser movie trailers come out months in advance. Bad Books has a niche audience, so it’s not like fans will forget about it and move on. We will wait, patiently or impatiently, but no less excited either way.

I do wish we had more info, and I’m not trying to downplay your point. I’m sure they are aware, and I doubt it’s from laziness. You never know when personal stuff happens, and maybe just need to be right ready, if it’s production, art work, tour, whatever.

KidLightning and coleslawed like this.
  8. benjammin07

I hate to sound entitled, but I agree with you haha.

buuuut clearly something changed or got messed up a long the way and we can all understand that.

9. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

we've had a rough timeline of the release of this album for a few years now what difference does a few weeks make

coleslawed, KidLightning and Joe4th like this.
  10. ManchesterOrch8

The ‘tease’ was going to ideally pay off two days later when they played the new songs on the SBSW stream.

I would assume they were thinking playing two new songs would stir interest and satisfy fans enough to buy tickets/preorders whenever they announced them.

Things happened that were out of their control, and now here we are.

As was said before, the record has been in the works since virtually the time the II tour was over. We can wait a few more weeks.

11. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

SILENCE!

ALL OF YOU!

I WANT MY BAD BOOKS AND I WANT IT NOW.

.K. and teebs41 like this.
  12. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

We all do too. I hope when a single get released we don’t have to wait months more for an album.

13. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Fixed

chewbacca110 likes this.
  14. BoldTitan

Trusted

Spotify picture updated

JaytotheGee likes this.
  15. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Maybe it’s starting?

16. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

IT'S BEEN FIVE WEEKS WHY ARE THEY DOING THIS TO MY FAMILY???????

17. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I love your commitment to your frustration.

I listened to some Kevin, Bad Books and Manchester stuff a few weeks ago in anticipation...but.....yeah.

Do you think they will have more songs where they try doing dual vocals, or continue sharing the workload of lead vocals?

18. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I bet tomorrow we get something

:brokenheart:

19. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I am constantly forgetting about this and the being reminded when this thread gets bumped lol

20. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

kinda forgot how long it’s been since BBII. albums rips though.

21. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Just saw a date pop up!

JUST KIDDING BAD BOOKS HAS RUINED MY LIFE IT'S BEEN FIVE WEEKS AND ONE DAY AND MY FAMILY HAS BEEN TORN APART BECAUSE OF THIS BLASPHEMY

22. local_corn

an existential crisis mixtape

coleslawed likes this.
  23. BoldTitan

Trusted

That is....not Florida :(

24. serotonin

who told you this room exists? Supporter

Shit they're bringing Brother Bird too. Goddamn, I have to make a five hour trip to Chicago on a weekday.

AshlandATeam likes this.
  25. ManchesterOrch8

Everyone good now? Lol

coleslawed likes this.