Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bad Books Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by h8bit, Apr 6, 2016.

1. h8bit

@ghastlyfeline Prestigious

maybe it got lost in the mail

2. serotonin

who told you this room exists? Supporter

Man, I'm bummed that livestream failed and then we never saw it. At least upload it after the fact!

They played two new songs! Let me hear at least one of em.

Bo Joiner likes this.
  3. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

IT'S NOW BEEN FIFTEEN DAYS

Serenity Now, serotonin and CAC3 like this.
  4. serotonin

WE'RE DYING OUT HERE

h8bit and CAC3 like this.
  5. BoldTitan

Trusted

Starts at 1:15

h8bit and Serenity Now like this.
  6. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I’m pretty sure they played at least 3-4 new songs. They did a set of older songs and a set of songs from the new album but I don’t remember how many new ones they did.

7. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Do you think there will be any sort of Scott Hutchison inspired song on new Bad Books? I don’t know exactly when everything was recorded, but these guys were all friends. Kevin’s wrote about loss quite uniquely and beautifully in the past.

8. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

New song sounds great. I’m down w songs about alien abduction from this crew.

9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I'm wondering how new any of the songs actually will be. It seems like they have been working on BBIII for years - on and off. I remember Andy talking about it 2-3 years ago and they've definitely posted stuff on social media being in the studio with Kevin in the past 3-4 years. You'd think with 7 years in between albums, that many of the songs that will appear on the record could feasibly be 4-5 years old.

10. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I think they said at the show that they recorded / wrote the songs that made the album over a few sessions over a two year period. Every few months they would regroup and write specifically for BBIII and it is more cohesive and has an arching concept unlike the first record which was a collection of songs they each had lying around and BBII where they brought ideas to each other and fleshed it out.

Ps: I was definitely pretty drunk by this point in the day so I may be fumbling some of this explanation.

coleslawed likes this.
  11. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

I hope so, that would be awesome.

12. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I don’t know if timing wise between when he had passed and when they recorded if it was even possible. I believe Kevin was hinting at how Scott was going to a Devinyl with him, and Kevin mentioned something about his song title. With everything happening right around those few days, obviously things were put aside for more important reasons.

I know it’s a personal subject, but as I said, Kevin has went there before, and I believe these three guys would do something g appropriate given time. Kevin played the Tribute show to Scott along with many others. It was pretty powerful but sad listening to it considering The events that lead them there.

13. h8bit

@ghastlyfeline Prestigious

saw kevin released that TFB cover today - wonder if they were waiting for the news around his last split series to wrap up before doing BB stuff.

.K. likes this.
  14. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I didn’t agree with everyone saying how ridiculous it was that we didn’t get a single or any info last week but the fact that we’ve gone almost a whole week again is kinda wild

15. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

*almost 3 weeks

16. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Kevin just posted his side of the Devinyl Split yesterday (Front Bottoms cover), so as it was mentioned above, maybe they decided to give it some space before putting out a single for Bad Books, and that I get.

17. BoldTitan

Trusted

If it doesn't drop tomorrow I'm gonna just turn off caring and anticipating until it comes out

18. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

welp

19. serotonin

*attempts to turn off caring*

Fuck, I think the switch is broken.

20. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

21. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Officially three weeks...

22. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

III weeks...

...I’m grasping here.

Dog Fish, coleslawed and .K. like this.
  23. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

They haven’t even officially announced the album yet.

24. benjammin07

where r u bb

:(

25. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

They didn’t announce a release date yet. I’m going to assume there is a reason. These guys are pros. Maybe they are booking tour dates to coincide with a single/album announcement.

ManchesterOrch8 likes this.