Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bad Books Band • Page 14

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by h8bit, Apr 6, 2016.

1. ManchesterOrch8

Motel. Money. Murder. Madness.

Pretty confident RAGC will reappear again.

2. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Really? I thought it was meant to end as a trilogy, and there was like a b side and live thing after that. Maybe Andy has said otherwise since then.

He released some demos of solo stuff online years ago which is my favourite solo stuff by him.

coleslawed likes this.
  3. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I remember him talking about doing a follow up that was exploring the afterlife or something like that years ago.

coleslawed, .K. and loudasallgetout like this.
  4. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Looks like they had a drummer with them at Shaky Knees yesterday

5. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

I was at the Shaky Knees set: it was great, and yes, it was full-band. It was basically MO but instead of Tim, I think Andy’s brother was playing drums. (I remember him and Andy playing for Kevin on the Instigator tour.) Pretty great set: hit most of the upbeat songs from the BB catalog—which I expected, given it was a festival set. They only played one new song, “I Love You...”, with a full-band arrangement reminiscent of Kevin’s last two records. I have to admit, it was pretty cool when Andy started the set by saying, “We’re Bad Books, and this is our first show in seven years.” It was a nice return.

Serenity Now likes this.
  6. ManchesterOrch8

Ben Homola played drums, as Grouplove is also on the bill. So 4/6 ~original~ BB members were present.

7. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

Ah, thanks for the correction, Andy. I wasn’t sure.

ncarrab and Jim like this.
  8. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I think when Andy released the third RAGC record he said it was concluded, but then I remember a few years later he said if a new idea or something came up, he'd be willing to revisit it. I'm guessing @ManchesterOrch8 could shed some more light, but I do recall him saying something where he didn't completely shut the door on doing another RAGC album.

teebs41 likes this.
  9. ManchesterOrch8

If I remember correctly, I asked him about this a while ago and he mentioned looking into it deeper from different perspectives and exploring the others motivations and choices that led them to where they ended up.

Think Arrested Development season 4, but, maybe better?

10. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

If they played with a drummer yesterday why do we not think they are playing with one on the tour?

11. ManchesterOrch8

Per the press release for the tour.

coleslawed likes this.
  12. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

You heard it here first, folks. Andy says that RAGC4 will be a Netflix exclusive!

Pumped.

coleslawed likes this.
  14. WornSoThin

Regular

Still not found a UK retailer selling this. Don’t want to get hit with ridiculous shipping costs.

15. ManchesterOrch8

Did anyone order the BB I deluxe edition with the cut up book and inserts?

I can’t remember if they actually followed through on that idea or not. I’ve never see or heard of someone having one.

teebs41 likes this.
  16. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

17. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Definitely no drummer.

18. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Gahhh I really want to go but driving 2.5 hours for an “acoustic” show doesn’t sound ideal

19. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, I’d be surprised if I drove to Columbus to hear belligerent drunk people talk over them again for 90 minutes.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  20. ManchesterOrch8

If you’re really debating on going, and you really dig this band, you’re making a mistake.

Beyond the possibility of a song breaking through from the new record, this is probably going to be the only time you’ll be able to see them for at least another 7 years.

It’s only going to get fewer and farer between. Everyone has kids and families, and all of these guys make them a massive priority. Touring the sideband that may or may not make you as much money as your ‘day job’, isn’t going to make fiscal sense too often. Not that it’s entirely about the money, but with having families, it’s a factor.

Bad Bikes and coleslawed like this.
  21. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Very good point I will probably go lol

22. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, myself included. If this show were coming to Cleveland I’d automatically go. Unfortunately, just up and driving 2 1/2 hours/staying the night and going to a show is extremely hard to do now with two little kids at home.

23. ManchesterOrch8

And that’s fair. If someone can fiscally/logistically go - and don’t, I feel it’ll be a massive mistake.

24. Bad Bikes

Oh, I did! They followed through.

15578095587516301929352946365419.jpg 15578096344932316137342932956865.jpg

coleslawed and ManchesterOrch8 like this.
  25. ManchesterOrch8