Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bad Books - III (June 14, 2019) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by amorningofsleep, May 2, 2019.

1. serotonin

who told you this room exists? Supporter

Idk, I love his singing on it. It does remind me a lot of the earlier RAGC tracks. I understand your take on it though. METN is my favorite MO album but I probably listen to Fourteen Years just as often. There's not really any tracks across all of RAGC/MO/BB that I haven't really liked, expect I've never been a huge fan of the song Simple Math.

ezmo311 and teebs41 like this.
  2. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

first track is extremely captivating

teebs41 likes this.
  3. Dog Fish

Mutt

no no no no no. Blame blows the balls off neighborhood.

4. serotonin

I definitely agree and enjoy Blame much more, I was just referencing the dark nature of it, not comparing them.

I'm interested to find out the inspiration for it. I'll probably ask next week at the Q&A.

Dog Fish and teebs41 like this.
  5. Dog Fish

Mutt

lol simple math is a top 10 mo song for me easy. different strokes i guess.

serotonin likes this.
  6. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

UFO is amazing too. if this ends up just being kevin song/andy song/kevin song etc. with low key acoustic vibes im gonna love this album lol

teebs41 likes this.
  7. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Lol that’s precisely what it is.

sophos34 and BoldTitan like this.
  8. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

im fully on board

teebs41 likes this.
  9. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i think youd have to be naive to think these are just solo songs slapped together and called bad books. i can almost guarantee kevin and andy played vital roles in arrangements and structures on songs where the other is singing lead

teebs41 likes this.
  10. serotonin

I've seen Manchester Orchestra something like eleven times since 2007 and I've seen Bad Books twice and will catch both of them this year, so I mean, yeah I still enjoy the song and its not like I'll ever skip it while playing the album, but its probably one of my least favorites. Probably doesn't help that I think they've probably played it live every show I've seen since 2011. Definitely different strokes and that's okay, I'm happy they've got a diverse enough collection of songs that everyone can enjoy them differently.

Edit: probably

teebs41 likes this.
  11. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I like it. I do wish it bounced back and forth with fuller instrumentation as well, but it’s nice to have these guys slow it down too.

It Never Stops and Pyotr were my favourites from II.

Serenity Now and teebs41 like this.
  12. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

this, they've said they poured over all the lyrics and melodies together. I also believe robert contributed to the lyrics and melodies a bit as well.

13. serotonin

I Wrote It Down For You is a great example of this compared to the version on Devinyl Splits Vol. 2. This version is fantastic.

teebs41 likes this.
  14. Artdmg

Onward, progress, or so it seems Supporter

Yep, the new version of I Wrote It Down sounds awesome. That was a nice surprise.

15. BoldTitan

Trusted

I think a lot of fans will have to understand this is still mature dad soft Black Mile/we are who we've always been era Andy and Kev.

I still fully expect LP6 to be JAMS. And maybe an eventual BB4 with more jams. But 2016-2019 is gonna be their introspective father tunes.

16. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Honestly no idea why I’ve never listened to them before since I love Kevin and Manchester. But this album is beautiful and now I think I’ll be seeing them next week

ezmo311 and serotonin like this.
  17. serotonin

Chicago date and then Manchester at Riot? Sounds like my plan this year.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  18. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Probably too good to pass up on.

serotonin likes this.
  19. Jim

Trusted Supporter

thats my plan!

serotonin likes this.
  20. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

in a lot of ways this is what I wanted Bulldozer by Kevin to be, but it it's also better than what I wanted out of that

supposed to be is incredible. there's a lot to dig into in these songs and I didn't really notice the absence of drums at all, esp on the songs using piano to percussive effect. the harmonies on the earlier part of the record were also awesome, I wish I noted the song I have in mind but they would alter the background harmonies while keeping the rest of the song moving along normally and it had this like psychedelic church music effect lol. obvi I like this album

teebs41 and serotonin like this.
  21. serotonin

upload_2019-6-14_11-58-28.png

Well at least someone likes Neighborhood.

.......fuck.

sophos34 and bedwettingcosmo like this.
  22. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

big whoosh to that d bag

serotonin and JBoch like this.
  23. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

serotonin likes this.
  24. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

yeah imagine being a conservative that so thoroughly victimizes yrself that you can't see when it's you being criticized lol

that song is also v good probably the closest to that Simon and Garfunkel vibe (not in space tho)

serotonin, bedwettingcosmo and JBoch like this.
  25. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

This is so fucking good on first listen. What a great day for new music

Jbent likes this.