Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bad Books - III (June 14, 2019) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by amorningofsleep, May 2, 2019.

1. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

Solid release. Definitely getting more darker vibes like "I' had. Kevins songs are top for me, but after the last MO album.. I dont care if Andy is just mummbling on this one.. Black Mile was perfect.

2. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I like it, could see it growing a lot on me. Def going to take a few listens

3. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I’ve been wanting Kevin to do another more acoustic based album again.

teebs41 likes this.
  4. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I’m enjoying the duetic epicness of this song.

BoldTitan and teebs41 like this.
  5. Bad Bikes

This is beautiful and dark. "I belong here" in UFO to "I don't belong here" in Neighborhood was NEAT. Left Your Body and Army are highlights.

serotonin and teebs41 like this.
  6. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

after listen 3 I am coming around to this album way more, some of the choruses and melodies are a bit catchier than I originally gave them credit for. Lyrics are fantastic.

Bad Bikes likes this.
  7. benjammin07

The standout for me was Left Your Body and Army. Neighborhood was a huge turd for me my god it was the most predictable Andy hull song I could imagine. Feel like that hook has been done to death

8. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I Love, I’m Sorry....is fantastic too. Classic Kevin.

Bad Bikes likes this.
  9. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

For that one I’m soo hit by the lyrics I’m not thinking much about what’s going on musically

10. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Anyone know the status of the vinyl pre-orders? My order status has said 'shipped' for at least three days, but I never actually got a shipping e-mail and/or tracking number.

teebs41 likes this.
  11. BoldTitan

Trusted

The unfortunate part of neighborhood is that it's interesting to hear a couple times but like, I don't want it on my album. Feels like a YouTube one off.

benjammin07 likes this.
  12. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

It’s one of my favorites tbh, it’s soo upfront and blunt and makes me soo uncomfortable but in a good way.

Serenity Now likes this.
  13. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

Right Away, Great Bad Book!

sean_rugy likes this.
  14. Artdmg

Onward, progress, or so it seems Supporter

Really loving 'Myths Made Plain'. This album is right up my alley.

teebs41 likes this.
  15. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

This is good but not what I wanted from "Bad Books" this is more so just an Andy Hull / Kevin Devine solo split :/

Army is really good though

benjammin07 likes this.
  16. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

yeah i'm not feeling this at all, it's pretty uninteresting to me :(

17. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

big huge meh from me. probably shouldn't have been put out under bad books tbh.

bummed.

dylan and JaytotheGee like this.
  18. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I totally get being bored with it or other musical disagreements, but i really disagree with it feeling like a split solo release. To me it still very much feels like a collaborated effort. there is more trading off on this album than any other bad books record, there's a lot of kevin moments where I feel like maybe andy could have written the lyrics/melodies (specifically references to teeth LOL) and moments from andy that feel like they could have been written by Kevin. Overall, while it isn't the album I wanted from them, it still feels different enough to me than anything either artist has done previously to be its own entity.

Artdmg and JaytotheGee like this.
  19. Jim

Trusted Supporter

i liked this through one listen

teebs41 likes this.
  20. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

.K. and teebs41 like this.
  21. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I think this is an album where people will initially not like it, and then months later there will be a few posts saying its actually great.

22. hm I think I loved my first listen

teebs41 likes this.
  23. serotonin

who told you this room exists? Supporter

Lol at the thoughts about The Neighborhood. I understand though. I think its my favorite after listening three times through. I played it for my girlfriend as we were walking home from the park last night and it got over and she asked me how the fuck I would want to listen to that song more than once. I've always liked that dark vibe of some of Andy's songs. Songs like Blame and Cutting Off The Blood to Ten are some of my favorite tracks.

ezmo311 likes this.
  24. BoldTitan

Trusted

Both of those have beautiful melodies and singing though.

25. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I think neighborhood has a great melody too, he's just singing it in his lower register. my favorite thing about andy is he can bring the emotions in both ranges really well.