Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Babymetal - Metal Resistance (2016) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SpyKi, Mar 7, 2016.

1. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I think I've come to the point where I think this album is way more consistent than the last one but doesn't have anything that hits the highs for me. I love every song on here but I'd still take my favourite 5 on the debut over any of these songs. I'd take any of these songs over my bottom 5 on that album though so it's hard to decide which one I like more. I'd probably go with the debut just because I love my favourites on there so much.

2. Chocobo

Regular

I can't decide which album I like more. All I know is that I can't get enough of Meta Taro right now! :upfist:

SpyKi likes this.
  3. SpyKi

CoffeeEyes17 and ChaseTx like this.
  4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

They are so adorable.

Were we twelve when we made that?

LOL

SpyKi likes this.
  5. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Some of the guitars on this remind me of the Ys games

6. christophsays

I recently took a vacation to Seattle and found the Japan import of this and paid FAR too much for it. mostly because I was unable to find it here in LA, mostly because I was on vacay and why the hell not. I really, REALLY wanted Syncopation-that song is my jam-and was pleasantly surprised to realize I was singing in English while Su was singing on Japanese on The One.

when the album first came out, I was disappointed, but I think the fact that I paid so much extra money for it 700 miles away from home speaks to how much it's grown on me. at first, I thought it was nowhere near as good/catchy as the S/T and wrote it off after a handful of listens. I had heard Road when they rereleased the S/T and thought it was fine, but I can't get over the Dragonforce influence in it. I thought Karate was good, leaned more metal which wasn't a bad thing, and was super catchy. first listens of Awadama Fever, Yava!, and Amore were eh. Awadama showed that they still had some kawaii left, Yava! hinted to the S/T which I loved, and I just wasn't a big fan of Amore aside from that bass "solo". these three sort of melded together when it first came out, but I've come to love Yava! quite a bit, and still a little eh on Amore. I thought Meta Taro was alright, the intro is fun and I've grown to like this song quite a bit. when the album first streamed on Spotify, From Dusk Till Dawn wasn't available for quite a while. I heard it for the first time recently and thought it was really good, but don't have anything in depth as I've only listened to it a few times. LOVED GJ and Sis. Anger on first listen, just so heavy but still so Babymetal. I liked GJ more at first, the melody is a little more enjoyable, but have come to lean towards Sis. Anger now. this was when I realized the albums was sorta structured like the S/T in that the Black Babymetal songs just get sandwiched in the middle of the album. No Rain came on and while it was good, it just seemed a little out of place, this super ballad-y song, but Su's vocals are really great here. then Tales came on and was a little heavier which I enjoyed, and then The One, which I have always had mixed feelings about because there's just so much English in it...until I heard the JP version. I also always really liked the line "remember, we are on your side!" later, I realized that From Dusk was a replacement for Syncopation and quickly googled that bad boy. I kept its tab open so i would play the album through on Spotify, pause and switch to Safari to listen to it, and switch back after. something about that song...just so good...the drums, the drum tones, the guitar, the melody...these are all, of course, my personal thoughts and would love to hear everyone else's thoughts.

my girlfriend also surprised me on this vacay with tickets to see them at the Wiltern on the 15th. she's a winner. I am so excited, their live shows look so fun! it'll be our first time, I'm glad some folks on here have attested to how fun it is. can anyone elaborate a little on the merch situation? I will more than likely spend much more than I should that night, and I spent quite a bit at the Thrice show...

sorry this was really long, first time coming upon this thread!

Chocobo likes this.
  7. Chocobo

Regular

Yeah, Syncopation is really awesome. I'm planning to get the Japanese edition of the album from CDJapan soon.
    As an X Japan ballad lover I'm also a huge fan of No rain, no rainbow.
    I'm still listening to this album on a regular basis, and I think I'm loving it even more than the first.

8. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

awwww i love this. theyre so sweet and sincere

this has been a guilty pleasure of mine but now its just a full blown pleasure of mine. Its wonderful

9. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

So was the metal aspect of the band a separate band that then asked those 3 girls to join? Or was it started from the ground up?

10. Chocobo

Regular

one day the fox god summoned the KAMI Band to support the girls in the concerts. KAMI Band most of the times (there are some support members in case one of the main four has other obligations) consists of Takayoshi Ohmura (Guitar), Fujioka Mikio (Guitar), BOH (Bass) and Aoyama Hideki (Drums), all of them having their own bands/ projects.

11. Chocobo

Regular

:scream:

12. SpyKi

I watched that like 5 minutes ago, haha. Very fun.

Chocobo likes this.
  13. MattNotMatthew

Avacado: Green Gold.

Where is the best place to purchase this on vinyl? I found some on Amazon which seem legit...but ya know...Japan.

14. christophsays

maybe try tower records japan? not sure if they ship international or if they even have an english version of their website, but that's all I could think of off the top of my head.

side note: beware, I bought mine at the Wiltern show last Friday and didn't open it until Sunday. it had what looked like melted glue and paper stuck to side A and B...didn't wanna risk trying to clean it without damaging the record itself. I've been trying to get in contact with the U.S. distributor of the record to see what can be done about it.

15. Chocobo

Regular

Contender and SpyKi like this.
  16. SpyKi

I'm getting it. I loved that show.

Chocobo likes this.
  17. Chocobo

Regular

Contender and christophsays like this.
  18. christophsays

YES! anxiously awaiting my LP packaged blu-ray!!!

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I need to get out to the Tokyo Dome.

20. Henry

Moderator Moderator

This is so fucking weird.

Babymetal Announces Festival With Restrictions on Gender, Age & Attire

07/18 Tokyo, JP @ Akasaka Blitz (Males only)
    07/19 Tokyo, JP @ Akasaka Blitz (Females only)
    07/20 Tokyo, JP @ Akasaka Blitz (Teenagers only)
    07/25 Tokyo, JP @ Zepp DiverCity (Elementary school children & adults over 60)
    07/26 Tokyo, JP @ Zepp DiverCity (Dress code: corpse paint)
    08/08 Nagoya, JP @ Zepp Nagoya (Elementary school children & adults over 60)
    08/09 Nagoya, JP @ Zepp Nagoya (Dress code: corpse paint)
    08/29 Osaka, JP @ Zepp Osaka Bayside (Elementary school children & adults over 60)
    08/30 Osaka, JP @ Zepp Osaka Bayside (Dress code: corpse paint)

21. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

wat

also this is getting pressed for record store day

22. SpyKi

Elementary school children & adults over 60 is the funniest.

23. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Grandparents shows. That's cool

24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

teasing something

25. Henry

Moderator Moderator