Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Baby Driver (Edgar Wright, 2017) Movie • Page 7

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Dean, Apr 1, 2016.

1. We getting a little pre-this-movie-is-awesome so people gonna take the opposite position backlash?

2. Morrissey

Trusted

What if they just thought the trailer was boring and bland?

fronkensteen likes this.
  3. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Then I'd be confused considering it's neither.

Anthony_D'Elia and fenway89 like this.
  4. Morrissey

Trusted

You would be confused that someone had a different view? Why do people do this so often?

fronkensteen likes this.
  5. Dog with a Blog

@Jason Tate Not sure if that was directed at me but I literally just said that I am excited for this movie. However, if I were to have only seen the trailer and was unaware of the creative team behind it, then it wouldn't have done anything for me. I feel like that's a totally understandable point of view.

fronkensteen likes this.
  6. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

No, I would be confused that someone thought it was bland. Not "a different view" lol. THAT view. I can see people not liking it but it's pretty weird to call a trailer "bland" when it has a clear stylistic difference from the vast majority of trailers.

7. Nah, the other comments. Knowing the team behind it / the really positive praise it's getting so far are part of the process anyway. And someone saying it looks "brutally bad" or "terrible" or "bland" seems pretty ridiculous.

fenway89 likes this.
  8. Morrissey

Trusted

The trailer I saw was pretty bland. If it did not have Edgar Wright's name on it you would not know.

9. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

We must've seen two different trailers.

And that's entirely possible because there are way too many trailers haha.

10. Morrissey

Trusted

It was whatever one they showed in theaters.

Besides, most trailers are bland because they are commercials that are designed to draw in as many people as possible. There is the occasional great trailer, but most of the time they aren't.

The one thing that lends some weight to the trailer possibly being an indicator of the quality is how boring Scott Pilgrim was. Since this will be another film outside of the Cornetto trilogy, it will depend on the reviews.

fronkensteen likes this.
  11. The trailer has so many pure Edgar Wright moments. I'd know it was him without even seeing the name.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

fenway89 likes this.
  12. Scott Pilgrim. Boring.

Welp.

[​IMG]

13. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Scott Pilgrim is fantastic.

14. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I am offended on Scott Pilgrim's behalf.

15. Dog with a Blog

When Scott Pilgrim came out I was...18??? I wasn't familiar with Edgar Wright at the time and I thought the trailers looked awful but my friends dragged me along and I honestly think it was one of the most enjoyable experiences I've had in a theatre.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  16. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I just watched SP in 70mm on the big screen and it blew me away maybe more than the first time I watched it. I've seen it at least 20 times.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  17. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

Scott Pilgrim is so damn good

18. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Scott Pilgrim's boring eh?
    Just one question: how do you sleep at night?

19. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Scott Pilgrim is the one film of his I'm not too keen on. I love everything else he's ever done though. Maybe I'll give it a re-watch one of these days.

20. Morrissey

Trusted

If anything, a boring film is a good sleep aid.

21. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

I showed the trailer to a bunch of people who have no idea who Edgar Wright is, and they loved the trailer.

22. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Wow

fenway89 likes this.
  23. fronkensteen

Trusted

I just looked him up to double check who he was and I like Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz is okay. Really didn't like Scott Pilgrim and didn't see The World's End.

Either way, this is a new movie and the trailer seemed like a cheesy parody of an action movie. Jon Hamm looks cool, but the rest seem average to annoying, in my opinion.

Plus the idea of a young hot shot driving around with earphones seems lame to me.

24. Morrissey

Trusted

25. Morrissey

Trusted

Those are more or less my feelings on the trailer.

You should watch The World's End, though. It is part of a loose trilogy along with Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz. Very funny but also managing to pull off emotional depth at the end.

CarpetElf and chewbacca110 like this.