Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Aziz Ansari: Why Trump Makes Me Scared for My Family

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Aziz Ansari, writing for The New York Times:

The vitriolic and hate-filled rhetoric coming from Mr. Trump isn’t so far off from cursing at strangers from a car window. He has said that people in the American Muslim community “know who the bad ones are,” implying that millions of innocent people are somehow complicit in awful attacks. Not only is this wrongheaded; but it also does nothing to address the real problems posed by terrorist attacks. By Mr. Trump’s logic, after the huge financial crisis of 2007-08, the best way to protect the American economy would have been to ban white males.

Christian Romero likes this.
  2. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Really interesting read about his view of Trump, and I admittedly had no knowledge of his families origin or religion, God I hope he doesn't get elected.

bptky and Christian Romero like this.
  3. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

Those two final paragraphs...amazing.

beachdude42 likes this.
  4. skatinbrad

Hard choice personally for me, between Clinton and Trump. Seeing as (apparently) Wikileaks has info that could lock Clinton up and add onto exposing her, I lean more towards Trump. But not out of desire, more out of necessity.

Never crazy about Bernie, really was never fond of any candidate. Wish there were more Democratic choices.

5. Bass0820

Yeah I'm definitely not voting. I refuse to give either of these shitheads my vote. Plus I firmly believe you shouldn't vote for someone you don't absolutely believe in.

6. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

This is how I'm starting to feel this year now, too.

7. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

After hearing Gary Johnson on the Joe Rogan podcast, he's got my vote. All Johnson wants is a spot on the national debate with Trump and Clinton. Would be interesting to say the least.

Bryan Diem likes this.
  8. AshlandATeam

Trusted

It's sad that this piece had to be written.

9. ZeoVGM

Regular

This should not be a hard choice for you. There are very clear and distinct differences between the two.

Trump wants to try and overturn the gay marriage decision. He has said he would force our military to commit war crimes even if they disagree. He said he would strengthen libel laws, meaning rich people such as himself would have an easier time suing legitimate newspapers if they write something negative about them. He had no idea what Brexit was until it was explained to him by a reporter. He now thinks Brexit was a good thing and lied about Scotland being happy about it. He wants to create a fucking database of people based on their religion and use that to ban people from the country.

Hillary is not amazing. She has flip-flopped on issues. There are things I dislike about her. However, she won't do anything like that. And she WILL appoint liberal judges to the Supreme Court, which will push the country in a progressive direction for years to come.

And no, there is no info that could "lock Clinton up." The email scandal is done. There's nothing there. It's over.

But the fact that you put a rumor you heard on the Internet over all the facts I just mentioned and say that it helps you lean towards Trump shows a basic misunderstanding of what is at stake here.

10. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

All the Bernie supporters on Reddit have painted Hillary as the absolute devil and I just can't agree with their logic... and I AM a Bernie supporter!

11. Well this thread scares the shit out of me if more people feel this way.

12. TuneYouOut

Newbie Supporter

Yikes at the comments in here.

Dirty Sanchez and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  13. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

Voting is a privilege and to waste it makes no sense. I didn't vote a few years ago when it came to voting for the chairman of my tribe because I didn't approve of any of the candidates and now I'm stuck keeping my mouth shut when they do things I don't agree with which is quite often. No vote means no voice, at least to me.

phillyfradet likes this.
  14. shogunTORTOISE

Regular

Guy's not really all that funny but this was a good read.

15. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

Reddit is a shithole tbh. 75% of the people there are terrible.

16. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I'd vote for him, even knowing he won't win. Would be great to see a big boost in libertarian votes this election cycle.

17. cybele

set our hearts ablaze Supporter

I can not even possibly fathom how people could put Clinton and Trump in the same league. Especially if your complaints about her are what, a threat from Wikileaks? She's made some very real mistakes with some of her choices but my god the hoops that people will jump through to justify not voting or even worse, voting for Trump.

18. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

Go to the polls and write in a candidate if you need to. Seeing a large percentage of the populace vote, but for neither main candidate, will send a strong message of disapproval. Having a large percentage stay home will just make us seem lazy and indifferent.

chewbacca110 and KimmyGibbler like this.
  19. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Don't worry. Either way, if you're white you'll be fine. Nothing Aziz wrote here applies to you.

20. skatinbrad

All the Bernie supporters who were putting Clinton on blast two months ago are praising her now (?)

21. skatinbrad

Ahhh, good to see my comments are removed. Gotta be pro-Clinton or Bernie. No conservative viewpoints. Whatever fits the narrative :)

Chorus FM is def not about censorship. It just edits a few things to please its audience :) no discussion from varying opinions. It's like /r/news, only censor what doesn't fit your narrative ;)

22. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

the word "narrative" was retired, find some newer buzzwords.

23. skatinbrad

Good one lol

24. PyramidPostcard

avocado squirrel rides again Prestigious

your posts are still there.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  25. skatinbrad

Not all of em