Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Axl Rose Announced as AC/DC Singer

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Axl Rose will be taking over vocal duties for AC/DC on their tour.

AC/DC band members would like to thank Brian Johnson for his contributions and dedication to the band throughout the years. We wish him all the best with his hearing issues and future ventures. As much as we want this tour to end as it started, we understand, respect and support Brian’s decision to stop touring and save his hearing. We are dedicated to fulfilling the remainder of our touring commitments to everyone that has supported us over the years, and are fortunate that Axl Rose has kindly offered his support to help us fulfill this commitment. AC/DC will resume their Rock Or Bust World Tour with Axl Rose joining on vocals. The European stadium tour dates begin on May 7 in Lisbon, Portugal and run through June 12 in Aarhus, Denmark as previously announced (see below for full itinerary). Following this European run of dates with AC/DC, Axl Rose will head out on his Guns N Roses, Not In This Lifetime Summer Stadium Tour. The 10 postponed U.S shows will be rescheduled and announced imminently, also with Axl Rose.

2. Interesting. Axl must be easier to deal with nowadays?

johnnyferris likes this.
  3. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

It's so weird how they've fallen apart in a couple years. Brian with deafness, Malcom with dementia, Phil with....his issues

Raku and beachdude42 like this.
  4. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Crazy how well the Black Ice album and tour did compared to this one. As you said everything went downhill from there. In my opinion the Black Ice tour would have been a great way send off.

This just seems all messy.

5. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

I know it would've been too much but an ACDC/GnR co-headlining tour would be outrageous!

6. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

[​IMG]

7. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

You'd think a band would take their singer going deaf to be a sign that they need to hang it up.

Tata Toothy, fenway89, Raku and 2 others like this.
  8. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

Can they just stop now

9. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I feel like Angus just want to quit, which is commendable in some ways... but I think hanging it up with dignity would be preferable to this. The band's legacy is definitely going to be tainted at least somewhat by the "revolving door" final years, depending on how long he wants to keep it going.

Raku likes this.
  10. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

They should be done after this, it's just not AC/DC

beachdude42 likes this.
  11. beachdude

Yeah, only 2 members left that were part of any "classic" lineup... it's definitely time to call it quits.

Raku likes this.
  12. Nick Martin

There are no answers. Only choices.

I have a feeling they're going to hang it up after this tour. As @Ryan and @beachdude42 mentioned above, to carry on in this fashion would, I believe, significantly impact their legacy.

beachdude42 likes this.
  13. beachdude

Yeah, this is probably it unless Angus really doesn't care about fans' perceptions of the band.

14. Brett W

Time to call it a day.

15. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

They've had a hell of a run, and it must be difficult for any band to choose to bring things to an end, but now is the time.

Also, wasn't there some guy who "scientifically" proved Axl had the greatest voice of all time in popular music?

16. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Idk how I feel about this haha.

17. Tata Toothy

Regular

I agree with you. But those $$$$ signs are probably to hard to pass up.

Nick Martin likes this.
  18. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

What the fuck?!

19. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

People have been arguing for years that it hasn't been ACDC since Bon Scott died. They're going to keep playing until people stop coming out to see them. I'm sure this run with Axl Rose will sell out everywhere.

Nick Martin likes this.
  20. Jonesy

Be my alibi?

Smart money move. But considering Axl is now the youngest member, I have my doubts about the health of other band members. This would be on par with seeing Blink 182 in 2036 whether you take Enema of the State or Take Off Your Pants and Jacket to be their Back in Black album. I have an inkling that AC/DC members probably partied harder than Blink 182 members, which tends to take the toll on longevity. Good songs are fun to hear so long as they are coming from talent, interesting to see how this pans out with Rose's previous professionalism.