Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Awkwafina Is Nora From Queens ( Comedy Central) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Dec 5, 2019.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen Dec 5, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 12, 2020)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

In Awkwafina Is Nora From Queens, Lum plays Nora Lin, a 27-year-old dirtbag looking for a purpose in life. Her dad is played by Law & Order: SVU icon BD Wong, and her grandmother is played by Lori Tan Chinn of Orange Is the New Black.

Contender and Anthony_ like this.
  2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Kind of surprised she's doing a Comedy Central series considering how her film career is blowing up but this looks really good. Looking forward to checking it out.

Also: BOWEN!

3. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

well then!

Anthony_ likes this.
  4. Hoping this fills the void Master of None left; I feel like any joy that ever brought me has been tainted. Yeah we got shows for Lilly and Hasan but it's just not the same. Granted, I've yet to watch Kim's Convenience and I'm a few seasons behind on Fresh Off the Boat. But I've been practically starved for representation most of my life, so more of anything is good.

5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

yes please

6. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Smart on CC to renew it while Awkwafina's stock is rising. Happy for her too. She rules in everything she's in.

7. Anthony_

Still really surprised she's committing to a comedy central series given how meteorically her star seems to be rising these days

8. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I’m interested in this but hopefully the grandmother from the trailer is barely in it. I don’t know who wrote her dialogue but it’s cringe.

9. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

premiere tonight

10. Anthony_

Very much looking forward to this

11. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I... honestly thought this was painfully bad. I'll give it a few episodes but yeesh

12. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

It felt very try hard. Awkwafina is worth more than this.

13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

And I think this show has potential but Comedy Central is so obviously thirsty for a new Broad City lol

Anthony_ and riotspray like this.
  14. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

15. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I liked the premiere :shrug:

16. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

it was okay

17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

i’ll see the rest of the season through off what i saw

18. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

actually I dunno what episode I saw. apparently there are 2 or 3 different episode floating around online.

19. Anthony_

I liked the premiere and am looking forward to more

20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

the blackjack scene and the freelance culture joke were incredible "I was fired from Buzzfeed but then I got fired and then I got fired from Jamie Lynn Sigler's production company because I fell down 3 flights of stairs and they didn't want me suing and then I was gonna do a Snapchat show about a missing girl but the actress went missing"

also I love how Nora just casually flirted with the waitress

21. yocoxy

They released episode 6 before the pilot for some reason

riotspray likes this.
  22. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

yeah I finally figured that out. episode 6 was what I watched first and it was a lot better than the pilot. haven't seen episode 2 yet, but it's out now

23. yocoxy

Can't work out what order to watch this in, every episode guide I look at tells me something different.
    Is there continuity?

24. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I've only seen episode 1 and 6 so far, but they seemed fairly self contained.

yocoxy likes this.
  25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I didn't realize I needed Bowen singing Bubbly by Colbie Caillat in my life until I got it