Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Avril Lavigne Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Aug 18, 2018.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

JamesMichael likes this.
  2. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I only really like one album of hers but I still REALLY like it

3. Under My Skin?

Amandine and JamesMichael like this.
  4. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

She had some fantastic songs that still hold up... here for this.

5. JamesMichael Aug 19, 2018
    (Last edited: Aug 19, 2018)
    JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

First of all I'm surprised there wasn't a thread already! Me and my gf are big fans and have been waiting for the new album for what seems like forever. Happy to see some traction is being made.

Probably her best album as a whole along with Let Go. The Best Damn Thing has solid moments along with Black Star but her last album was easily her worst by a mile. It felt forced and very un-avril if that makes sense.

Also if anyone hasn't checked out these AOL sessions from the Black Star era I highly recommend it.

beachdude42 likes this.
  6. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Isn't Goodbye Lullaby the name of that album?

JamesMichael likes this.
  7. JamesMichael

Yes my bad! Black Stars the name of the first song. It's been a long day haha.

beachdude42 likes this.
  8. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

I’m With You is the fugging best. I still love that song.

JamesMichael likes this.
  9. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

JamesMichael and bradsonemanband like this.
  10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

11. I'm definitely interested to hear what 2018 Avril sounds like

12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

PorterBoyBlue likes this.
  13. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

It’s good

14. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

That is very boring.

15. PorterBoyBlue

I feel she means what she’s singing, I just wish it wasn’t trite nautical symbolisms

16. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Oh wow, someone's been listening to a lot of Christian radio. Like, is she trying to get some plays on K-Love or something?

That being said, I do kinda like this for what it is. Hearing a voice that I used to listen to a ton do this kinda song is interesting, especially since we know she definitely means it after the awful time she just went through.

For the almost all of her post-Under My Skin career, her dumb fun music has been good, & her attempts at slow, serious music haven't worked. So, me not hating this is cool.

DannyZach likes this.
  17. DannyZach

Trusted

Yea I still love her ,,dumb" poppy songs,it's fun.This not bad but I rather switched to new Casualties song haha

18. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

That ain’t it, fam.

Also kind of a weird song to release after a bunch of folks drowned in a hurricane.

19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

It's really hard for me to be an objective about a song she wrote about being worried that lyme disease was gonna kill her you know, no it did not kill her and she was not replaced by Melissa

20. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

I've been dealing with chronic Lyme for the past few years, and let me tell you, it's awful. I never would have expected Avril to become the spokesperson for the disease, but it's good that someone famous is raising awareness about this.

21. JamesMichael

Songs good although I can’t help but think it’s missing ‘something’ after a few listens. Great message behind it and it’s already stacks better than anything off her last album.

22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

hell yeah the motherfucking princess

The Lucky Moose and JamesMichael like this.
  24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Tim likes this.
  25. JamesMichael

About time we got another song it seems Head Above Water was pushed to death.

Still dig the song but it hasn’t had massive replay value for me compared to her other material.