Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Avril Lavigne Details New Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Avril Lavigne’s new album, Love Sux, will be out on February 25th. Today she’s shared the new song “Love it When You Hate Me” and detailed the track listing.

Track Listing

1. Cannonball
    2. Bois Lie (feat. Machine Gun Kelly)
    3. Bite Me
    4. I Love It When You Hate Me (feat. blackbear)
    5. Love Sux
    6. Kiss Me Like The World Is Ending
    7. Avalanche
    8. Déjà Vu
    9. F.U
    10. All I Wanted (feat. Mark Hoppus)
    11. Dare To Love Me
    12. Break Of A Heartache
    more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. somethingwitty

Trusted

This pivot to the Travis Barker production style of pop/punk is just kinda meh. It's nothing groundbreaking, just feels like going through the motions for an artist approaching 40. It'd be nice to see her take some bigger artistic chances instead of just chasing the trend right now.

3. dp619

Regular Supporter

I look forward to seeing where this ft. Mark Hoppus song ranks on my all time list of ft. Mark Hoppus songs.

dubey, .K., Analog Drummer and 4 others like this.
  4. thechetearly

Regular

Lord.

5. failinginplace

Regular

And the "approaching 40" spelling of BOIS and SUX.... just... come on. Songs and titles that sound like they carry the emotional maturity of a 14 year old experiencing a love interest not returning a text for the first time... all sung by someone who had been divorced twice by the age of 31. It's just weird to me.

As for the travis stuff, I like his style and influence when helping to shape a new wave of pop punk, not necessarily a top 40 artist trying to cash in on the wave in order to stay relevant. I like some of the stuff that he's done with Poorstacy and Sueco (and obviously his work on the last release by MGK sounds like blink in their heyday transplanted to modern times).

.K., noisyneighbour and Jfletch like this.
  6. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Me reading this when I was a HS Freshman when she broke through...

[​IMG]

7. sblackburn

Regular

People complaining about this probably hated her last albums because they weren’t pop punk enough or like her old stuff.

8. thecobrakais

Regular

you lost me at "featuring MGK."

the track titles are cringe. this is not music.

.K. and failinginplace like this.
  9. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Her last 2 albums were both drastically different than this though. She was doing the slow,, show off the vocals, mature, piano sound for at least 9 years. She has been doing different things for the past 20 years, so doing a "throwback" and cashing in on this new pop punk pop sound, makes a ton of sense to me and im all for it

If you're expecting a new wave/shoegaze album from avril Lavigne "at 40"... well, I've got some bad news

Crisp X likes this.
  10. dubey

Regular

Stoked for this and seeing her live later this year. Nostalgia 100.

Mark Hoppus vocals! Travis on drums!

11. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

Well, I mean, considering her recent signing and Travis' recent go-to collaborators, I would have been shocked not to see him on there.

cosmickid likes this.
  12. artofjosephshelton

follow my pop punk tiktok @dunder.rifflin

You got a list of all these "Featuring Mark Hoppus" songs ?
    I would love to listen to all of them again back to back.
    Unreal how good he is on guest features.