Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Avengers: Infinity War (Joe & Anthony Russo, April 27, 2018) Movie • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by oakhurst, Sep 16, 2016.

1. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

2. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Don't think each new update needs posted in both this thread and the MCU thread. Just here is fine. The MCU thread is best for general Marvel updates that don't fit in any particular existing film/television series thread.

Anyways, I'm excited. The Black Order is awesome. Everyone who loves the Marvel universe should read Hickman's massive Avengers/New Avengers/Infinity/Secret Wars epic.

SpyKi likes this.
  3. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Do you think Black Dwarf will be sent to Wakanda? I've read he was sent there by Thanos before

4. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

5. Tim

Yeah, that's where he was sent in Infinity, so it'd make sense. Will likely impact Black Panther 2, too.

6. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Maybe that means the last infinity stone will be in Wakanda

7. Tim

Oh yeah. Guess that'd make sense, so that there's an excuse for Wakanda to be invaded.

I feel like Wakanda getting pulled into Infinity War, even just briefly, could set up Shuri to become the new ruler of Wakanda, like happened for a time in the comics. Infinity came after this (and actually ended Shuri's reign), but the whole New Avengers saga by Hickman features the nation losing trust in T'Challa, so it'd work. Not that this would happen in Infinity War, but that'd set the stage for Black Panther 2, which could be a fall of T'Challa type story.

8. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Danai (Okoye) was also filming for a couple weeks for Infinity War so that also supports that notion.

9. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

10. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Here's the description of the Infinity War trailer. Obvious spoilers lol

We’ll learn more about Thor and the Hulk in Thor: Ragnarok, but the Infinity War trailer opened with the Asgardian being flung against the windshield of the Milano, the ship commanded by Star-Lord (Chris Pratt) from Guardians of the Galaxy. “Get it off!” shouts Rocket (voiced by Bradley Cooper), as though a particularly ugly bug had been smushed there.

Mantis (Pom Klementieff) brings Thor back to life, and he promptly greets out Guardians with an unfriendly, “Who the hell are you?” (To be fair, Star-Lord had just told his fellow Guardians, “This might be dangerous, so let’s put on our mean faces.”) It then seems like Thor joins forces with the Guardians to guide them to Earth, where we see the following things go down, in quick succession:

Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen) seems to cut a flaming car in half. It looks like her beau Vision (Paul Bethany) might be trapped nearby, and to judge from their faces, something sad and bad is going down.

“Death follows him like a shadow,” we hear, as Josh Brolin’s ultimate villain Thanos is teased.

Suddenly, Tom Hiddleston’s Loki appears, cutting through flaming wreckage to grab the Tesseract, which holds one of the Infinity Stones. Is this what Scarlet Witch and Vision were trying to prevent?

Next, there’s a glimpse of Tom Holland’s Peter Parker on his school bus. The hair on his arms stands up. How’s that for some trouble-activated spider-sense?

“He’s come to us,” someone says, as some alien ships crash land on a wrecked Earth. A worried Mantis stands with Iron Man, Thor, Doctor Strange, the Hulk, and the other heroes as the aircrafts approach.

“This does put a smile on my face,” intones Thanos, as Gamora (Zoe Saldana) takes in the wreckage of the room kept by the Collector (Benicio del Toro). More Infinity Stones pillaged.

And that’s when Thanos walks through a portal onto Earth — big and hulking and boasting a shit-eating grin. Star-Lord and Doctor Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch) leap into action, harnessing magic and airborne stepping stones. Even Spider-Man swings into action, wearing a cool new suit … perhaps the one teased at the end of Spider-Man: Homecoming?

Briefly, we see Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson), who’s blond now, and Captain America, who’s bearded. Listen, I know the fate of the universe is at stake, but don’t we all feel a little refreshed after spending valuable time on an undercover makeover? Talk to Wonder Woman about that, she knows what’s up.

In the final moments, things get truly heightened. Thanos grabs Thor’s head in his meaty paw and regards it like a grape he’s about to smush. Maybe he saw that scary black-and-white episode of Twin Peaks and wants to practice storming radio stations and breaking open heads?

“You can run from it,” growls Thanos, “but your destiny still arrives.” And then he holds up one hand and seemingly destroys a planet far away in the sky — or, if this scene is taking place on Earth, our freaking moon — and heaves the remains of it at our Avengers in a single shot.

11. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Pretty sure this is referring to his knowledge of Darcy weighing on Thor's life.

Davjs likes this.
  12. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Most definitely. She will actually be the main villain lol

Davjs likes this.
  13. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Black Order have been officially revealed

[​IMG]

14. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

I wonder who is officially voicing them. Looks like no Supergiant, but that is alright. The designs look great in translation to the screen though.

15. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I wanna see this new Spider-Man suit.

17. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

If you've seen Spider-Man Homecoming, then you probably have.

18. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

A lot of people are reporting it was the suit at the end of Homecoming that Tony made for him. "Iron Spider"

19. SpyKi

Ewwwww

20. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

It was to be expected, though. I don't think they would have shown it if they didn't intend on using the suit. If it makes you feel any better, he'll probably only use it for 5 minutes in the battle before dying with everyone else lol

airik625 and SpyKi like this.
  21. Tim

IMG_9061.JPG

I would hate that armor as the main Spider-Man costume, but as a cool variant aiding a young Peter against Thanos and his forces, I dig it.

Honestly, I like it more than the Civil War/Homecoming costume 'cause at least it doesn't pretend to be the classic one while being too high tech. If it had just been an Easter egg in Homecoming, I would've wanted it to just be full on Iron Spider, but since he's actually gonna use it, I like that it adds some of Ben Reilly's Spider-Man look into the design. Really cool take on a costume that's had many cool iterations over the years.

Though, I still want the costume to get wrecked and Tony to die by the end of Avengers 4 so that Peter can have way less tech in the Homecoming sequel.

Jason Tate, oakhurst and SpyKi like this.
  22. SpyKi

I was just hoping the point of it was to be a really ugly, dumb suit that he would reject, haha.

Jason Tate likes this.
  23. PauLo

43% Burnt

Patiently waiting and praying for leaked footage...

oakhurst likes this.
  24. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Could Marvel get away with the battle starting with Thanos destroying the moon and sending the debris to Earth while crushing Thor's head in front of his friends?
    Kids would flip out.

25. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

If Thanos does crush Thor's head it will definitely not be shown. Maybe the sound of it happening.Kids will still cry.