Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Avengers: Infinity War (Joe & Anthony Russo, April 27, 2018) Movie • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by oakhurst, Sep 16, 2016.

1. oakhurst Jun 20, 2017
    (Last edited: Jun 20, 2017)
    oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

This is a spoiler about what the Black Order is doing so if you don't want to know, don't highlight it.

Set photos showed Corvus and a couple other people from the Black Order fighting Vision and Scarlet Witch, presumably to get the Mind Stone from Vision's forehead.

2. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

In Infinity, the Black Order split up and led their own armies. While this film is obviously not a straight adaptation of any particular story, I imagine the same will happen here, especially since there are 6 members of the Black Order (including Thanos) and 6 Stones. That way you can have essentially 6 separate but related threads throughout the film not really tying together until the third act.

RJ Knorr likes this.
  3. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I would put money on that Thanos sends the Black Order to retrieve the stones that are on Earth while he is going to other planets to get the remaining stones. Only to go to Earth after the Black Order is beaten by the Avengers.

4. Tim

But, that doesn't really make sense, lol. Only 2 of the 5 revealed Stones are on earth. Why would Thanos send all 5 of his top generals to retrieve 2-3 Stones (depending on what they do with the Soul Stone), and then single handedly attack both Asgard (or whatever's left of it post-Ragnarok) and Xandar alone?

I think the film will probably open with the Black Order together, making their plans. Then you'd have Thanos, Black Dwarf, Corvus Glaive, Ebony Maw, Proxima Midnight, and Supergiant each take their own army to Xandar, Asgard, Doctor Strange, Vision (& the Avengers base), The Collector, and wherever the Soul Stone is (probably either somewhere in space revealed at the beginning of Infinity War to kickstart this organized offensive, or maybe in Wakanda). It'll probably be at least halfway through the film before these various corners actually start colliding.

5. Davjs

Trusted

All I really want is for Thanos to go to Asgard by himself so we get a Odin/Thanos battle. That would be so incredible.

6. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I just assumed they'd have Thanos gather a lot of the stones by himself since he said "I'll just do it myself" at the end of Age of Ultron. Yours makes me sense and would be better for the film, though. Whatever happens, I hope they allow Thanos to be the one that rips the stone out of Vision's head and not someone from the Black Order.

7. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Uhh just popping in to say you guys have completely blown my expectations out of the water haha

I have not heard of those stories yet and they seem ridiculously insane

8. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

For me it just sounds too much. Too many new characters. I imagine it will suffer in a similar way to Civil War where characters get shoehorned in without sufficient explanation or backstory. It makes for great action and cinema experience but sadly not always for a great story.

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  9. Tim

I still stand by everyone in Civil War fitting organically and not taking away from the main story, which is largely why I trust the Russos and their screenwriters with something this big. Having James Gunn, who nailed a big cast in GOTG vol. 2, serving as a producer will also help. If your personal tastes aren't fond of big movies, this was never gonna be your thing, but I have no doubts that these people can pull this off.

Honestly, the size is largely why I'm excited for this. It's totally gonna be massive and bonkers and knowingly all over the place, but with a decent unifying thread to pull it all together. It's gonna be a certain type of event comic book done on the big screen in the wildest, yet most earned, way possible. It's not quite my most anticipated comic book film (that's Black Panther), but I think it could easily be the best Avengers film.

coleslawed, SpyKi and Davjs like this.
  10. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, the fact that all of these characters will finally be able to interact with each other makes it hard for me to be worried.

11. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

I just think these movies will get by on the sheer amount of moments that it will generate. the first avengers had those moments, but AoU really lacked on that aspect

12. Davjs

Trusted

I never got the dislike for Ultron. Wasn't the whole opening scene a moment? Or the Hulk vs Iron Man? Or Cap vs Ultron on top of the bus? Or the entire last 20 mins. Ultron outdid Avengers in every way, its only flaw is that it came out 2nd so it wasn't the new thing.

13. Tim

I honestly like AoU more than the first Avengers, even though it's way more flawed (especially with that terrible usage of Black Widow). I feel similarly about it as I do ASM2: It's very flawed, and I don't blame anyone who hates it, but what it does right happens to work really well for me personally.

It is the best example of a Marvel film not knowing what to do with everyone, though, which is why I'm glad the Russos are doing this one instead of Whedon. The whole Thor subplot is such a waste, lol. With a cast this big, you have to be willing to let some characters get the short end of the stick (while still organically playing their part), which I think the Russos really get.

SpyKi likes this.
  14. Davjs

Trusted

People keep ragging on the Thor subplot, which I get but its like maybe 5 mins of the movie. It's in no way enough to drag the whole movie down. It had better action, character moments and comedy with chances for everyone to shine.

15. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I enjoy AoU the more I watched it. Not sure if I enjoy it as much as the first Avengers, but I really like the plot for the film.

16. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I think it's when there are plot aspects that probably made more sense without edits and were only added to give a character screen time that it is problematic. When you have several of these (Hulk/BW love interest, Thor random bit etc. etc.) it can feel a bit too jumpy. I don't think the original Avengers or something like Winter Soldier suffered from this, whereas Age of Ultron and Civil War did.

It doesn't ruin a film - they're great cinematic experiences. But in my opinion it does undermine the quality of the story. That would be my fear for Infinity War with even more characters, particularly when there are a lot of new characters too.

17. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

18. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I take it all back for photos like that ;-)

oakhurst likes this.
  19. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

20. Davjs

Trusted

That's great, at this point they don't need to until they start killing off/retiring characters.

21. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

22. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Goodbye, Happy Hogan, Erik Selvig, and Thaddeus Ross.

23. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

A lot of set photos have been revealed the past couple of weeks showing Doctor Strange, Wong, Bruce Banner and Tony Stark filming scenes together, Doctor Strange and Tony Stark filming scenes together, and Doctor Strange and Scott Lang filming scenes together. Set photos also showed Ebony Maw trying to steal the Time Stone from Doctor Strange

24. musicandlyrics

Xaxa Mckenzie

I am looking forward to seeing this movie but before that, you guys should watch Thor: Ragnarok. I am hoping that they will follow the comics this time as I am bit disappointed with the outcome of Civil War.

25. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

First look at Thanos via statue at Disney Expo

[​IMG]