Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Avengers: Infinity War (Joe & Anthony Russo, April 27, 2018) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by oakhurst, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Davjs

Trusted

I'm not too sure, if he gets all the stones wont he be unstoppable? I think the Stone vision has is what will bring him to Earth. I'm excited to see how they do a fight against Thanos. I think out of alllll the characters we have so far, won't only Hulk, Thor, Drax and Groot be able to really stand up to him for more than a hit or two?

2. danielalee12

Regular

I didn't read the comics or anything, but I feel like Strange could have a big role in helping defeat thanos

3. Davjs

Trusted

oh yes, I forgot about him haha. I'd add him into my list of people that wouldn't die asap from Thanos. That's why I think he'll bring some sort of army or goons with him to Earth. What else is Panther, Hawkeye, Antman, Widow ect going to do?

4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Thanos lost in Gauntlet because he became full of himself and astral projected outside of his body. While he was reeking havoc, Warlock went up to his catatonic body and stole the gauntlet. It was pretty anti-climactic.

Davjs likes this.
  5. Davjs

Trusted

Agreed. It's hard to think of an actual Event (Marvel or DC) that had a good ending. Blackest Night and Infinite/Identity Crisis maybe?

6. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

What if the second film took a Secret Wars/Battleworld approach, but with Thanos instead of Doom?

Infinity War could feature Thanos and the Black Order tracking down the Stones. In the end, Thanos is successful and does his whole Infinity Gauntlet demonstration of power. A group of Avengers (the original 6 would be thematically cool) battles Thanos in a last-ditch effort while another group joins Strange for a plan b. After a showdown with Steve Rogers, Thanos does the whole god thing, but instead of destroying everything, he conquers and reshapes it.

In the sequel, Strange and his group enter Thanos' Battleworld. The film tells the story of this Avengers team, with the help of Nebula and Loki, overthrowing Battleworld and using the Gauntlet to set things right.

7. Davjs

Trusted

*slow clap*

8. danielalee12

Regular

whoa, the plot leaked!?? lol, but that sounds sickk!

9. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

SECRET WARS

Tim likes this.
  10. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Added more actors to the rumored section

11. Davjs

Trusted

12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

13. Davjs

Trusted

If Antman and the Wasp comes out between Avengers 3 and 4, it makes sense. Soooo excited for Antman and the Wasp btw.

airik625 likes this.
  14. Dean

Trusted Prestigious

Ant-Man is underrated, to me. The sooner they both come back the better

iCarly Rae Jepsen, Davjs and airik625 like this.
  15. Davjs

Trusted

I rewatched it recently on cable and unlike a lot of the movie films, this one holds up incredibly well and still made me laugh out loud. Definitely underrated.

16. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Rewatching Avengers: Age of Ultron, and just now hearing that Black Widow is sterile (from her training). Somehow I had never heard that before.

17. Davjs

Trusted

Yeah, that was a huge controversy for some reason. Even on AP I had to dip out because no one wanted to talk about the movie, just how that was sexist somehow. Adds to her character IMO.

18. Tim

Age of Ultron was better than people gave it credit for, but man, that movie completely mishandled Black Widow, my gosh. Hopefully any future films take less of a Whedon approach and more of a Russos approach.

19. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Is it okay for me to say Whedon is incredibly overrated or should I duck out of here before the hate starts spewing?

20. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Future films just need to get a more appropriate handle on when to use humor, and quips, which is where I prefer Russos to Whdeon. Humor is necessary, especially for Marvel movies. It's a big part of their identity and what separates them from DC. But there is a time and place, and inserting comic relief into the darker moments and battles just deflates all the tension and completely takes me out of it.

Like, with Dr. Strange. Like everyone, I loved that the cape had a bit of its own personality, and it led to some funny bits. But during Strange and Kaecillius's duel in the Sanctum Sanctorum, the part where he keeps running one direction while the cape pulls him in the other, and he just ends up running in place for a bit. Got laughs in my showing, but totally took me out of the battle. It no longer felt that serious.

Thankfully the Russos seem to have a better handle on this then Whedon. But I'm always scared of studio interference being like "well, it's been a while since someone made a joke, can we have Thor ride the subway real quick?" (not saying that that joke was the studio's fault in anyway, just getting my point across).

Davjs likes this.
  21. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

22. Tim

23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

rumor has it Liv Tyler is in this

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  25. tucah

not champ Prestigious

between this and ross in civil war, cool to see them finally using cast from hulk movie