Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Avengers: Infinity War (Joe & Anthony Russo, April 27, 2018) Movie • Page 121

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by oakhurst, Sep 16, 2016.

1. RyanPm40 Aug 16, 2018
    (Last edited: Aug 16, 2018)
    RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Best gags in the film:

Eitri: You understand boy, you are taking on a star? It will kill you.
    Thor: Only if I die.
    [Awkward pause in disbelief]
    Eitri: ...Yes, that’s what killing you means.

----

Quill: What Master do I serve? What am I supposed to say, Jesus?
    Tony: You're from Earth.
    Quill: I'm not from Earth. I'm from Missouri.
    Tony: Yeah, that’s on Earth, dipshit

2. BornToRun

Regular Supporter

My favorite is when Strange calls Tony a douchebag and when Thor repeatedly calls Rocket a rabbit.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  3. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I didn’t see any of these at Target today. It was the same when Logan came out with that photobook for its release. I guess my target never gets those

4. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

They actually didn't have them out, I had to ask them about it and they grabbed it out of the back which I thought was weird

5. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

The Target where I live sold out over 80% of their Infinity War copies which included all of the digipak copies.

6. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Thank you, sweet rabbit.

coleslawed and BornToRun like this.
  7. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I got the 4K target exclusive. The art book is meh, but the digipak and artwork is good.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  8. Dodge725

Trusted

This movie feels like a summer comic book event and I absolutely love it.

justin. likes this.
  9. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

That's honestly both the best and the worst thing about it, lol.

10. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I have a feeling that the next film will make this feel small in scope. I’m not prepared.

11. GBlades

Trusted

My only concern is where they go after this. Give me Nova, FF & Doctor Doom or I'm off the bandwagon.

12. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

There’s no way they didn’t plan on introducing Nova soon with the cosmic side being explored more. I would like to see Kang more than any other villain though. I’m actually pretty excited to see how all of the characters recover from the fallout of Infinity War/A4. It should have massive ripple effects throughout the next few years.

GBlades likes this.
  13. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

It’s kind of hard to imagine. There was hardly a dull moment in Infinity War.

Does anyone have any idea when they might start marketing for it? I’m sure they will push the physical version of IW for a bit.

14. GBlades

Trusted

I remember a quote from Gunn when GOTG came out saying he didn't want to use Nova in the movie side. He then goes on to say that he will be used in GOTG3 will Warlock. We will need to see how that goes now...

The tv series will also be a big ripple, as you mention. I wanna see Daredevil/Runaways have at least some effect on this.

15. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I just rewatched Thor, which I've always thought of as one of the worse MCU movies, and I enjoyed it more than I thought. I don't have a clear recollection of the 2nd one at all so we'll see how that goes

16. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

You can go ahead and skip that

GrantCloud and slimfenix182 like this.
  17. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Not until December or late November. I want to know when Captain Marvel will get advertised. We received a Black Panther teaser in June when the film was released in February so by that we should have received a teaser last month.

18. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

With Gunn’s script being used they will probably be introduced in GOTG 3. I really enjoy The Runaways and the new season is said to have a connection to the MCU so maybe some be people snapped. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Netflix shows ignore it, tbh. While they have had connections to the MCU huge connections like that haven’t seemed to be a major concern in that department.

19. Tim

I used to want Marvel Studios and Marvel Television to crossover. Then Infinity War came out. My gosh, the last thing we need is to give Marvel media an even more convoluted web to navigate, both for audiences and for creatives, lol.

The only bummer with the divide is that these characters don't get to interact in organic story ways. Like, I'd love to see Luke Cage become an Avenger, or for a Spider-Man story to use Kingpin, Cloak & Dagger, Daredevil, Punisher, etc. Or, for Jessica Jones to be friends with Carol Danvers. But, a shot of the Defenders and SHIELD in Infinity War, or half the Runaways turning to dust? That would honestly be just the worst.

Anyways, in regards to marketing, we just got 4 Marvel films in 9 months, including the biggest one ever. I think they're smart to give culture a respite, with no Marvel Studios marketing in action for a minute. (Much like how rushing Solo was good for Star Wars Episode 9.) Plus, there's the added bonus of waiting for Infinity War to hit Redbox (& Netflix?), and then starting the Captain Marvel train after that last remnant of curious people have seen where that ended.

Plus, for Avengers 4... Let's be real, they can wait a long time and be fine. I'm sure the trailer will drop some time this fall, but if they kept a tight lip through the end of the year? Didn't release the title or any footage until dropping a teaser trailer in the Super Bowl or whatever? They'd be fine. The curiosity is marketing enough for now.

20. Tim

Oh, since y'all were talking about what's next... I was thinking about what options they're still sitting on for movies, excluding sequels, spinoffs, and Fox. And, they actually have a really deep bench, in spite of all the great choices Marvel Television has sniped.

America Chavez
    Black Knight
    Blade
    Blue Marvel
    Captain Britain
    Captain Universe
    Champions
    Darkhawk
    Deathlok (I know SHIELD did a version)
    DP 7
    Eternals
    Ghost Rider (I know SHIELD did a version)
    Great Lakes Avengers
    Hercules
    [Hulks (She/Red/Totally Awesome), if the rights allow? Find a loophole?]
    Invincible Ironheart
    Machine Man
    Monsters Unleashed
    Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur
    Moon Knight
    Ms Marvel
    Namor
    Nextwave: Agents of HATE
    Nova (Richard and/or Sam)
    One Month to Live
    Power Pack
    Sentry
    Shang-Chi, Master of Kung Fu
    Sleepwalker
    Squadron Supreme
    Star Brand
    Thunderbolts
    Truth: Red, White, & Black
    Weirdworld
    Werewolf by Night
    White Tiger
    Young Avengers

GBlades likes this.
  21. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I will be super disappointed if we don't get a Ms. Marvel/Champions movie in phase 4

22. I would looooove some Marvel tv characters on the big screen. Gimme Daredevil teaming up with Spider-man please!

I’d really hate it if the Marvel shows don’t acknowledge the snap. I doubt they will though.

23. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I don’t necessarily want to see the tv characters in Avengers films but I would like to see more connections between the films and the shows.

24. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I feel like they’ll have to unless those shows are not in the same universe. I don’t see how any of the heroes in the shows won’t know at least 1 person that wasn’t snapped away.

25. True. I just love all these characters and want to see them interact.