Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Avengers: Infinity War (Joe & Anthony Russo, April 27, 2018) Movie • Page 120

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by oakhurst, Sep 16, 2016.

1. tvck

Trusted

i need the 4k copy nao

2. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Well, that's one bullet dodged

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

4. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

5. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Not sure if this was posted around here. Avengers trailer recut with the song from the Godzilla trailer.

Oskarr and justin. like this.
  6. Fixed Glitch

AP Attitude Era Superstar Supporter

I just finally saw this. Just like the other two movies, it was not very good.

Victor Eremita likes this.
  7. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

You didn’t like The Avengers?

8. GBlades

Trusted

Care to elaborate? I've never known anyone not to like any of the 3 so either you just really dislike Avengers movies or something constructive.

RyanPm40 and Vase Full Of Rocks like this.
  9. Fixed Glitch

AP Attitude Era Superstar Supporter

I appreciate what they achieved with the collaboration, but I don't think they are great movies. Mostly, it's due to weak villains which to me is a critical aspect of a good comic-based superhero film. Yes Thanos is a strong villain in the latest film which is great, but the rest of the film felt very trite to me.

10. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Yeah, Thanos was a pretty strong villain, but they totally wasted characters like Ebony Maw

Fixed Glitch likes this.
  11. GBlades

Trusted

I can agree that the villains are mediocre to crap but for me the good outshines the bad. Respect the opinion, of course, but I agree that things could have been handled better.

Fixed Glitch likes this.
  12. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

I would rewatch just for the shot of Captain America stepping out of the shadows in Scotland. DAYUM

13. Dodge725

Trusted

I think that “waste” served a purpose though. They focused on Thanos and developing him so well because they need him to win and have the audience believe and be on board with it. On the other hand, it’s an Avengers movie and seeing your favorite superheroes get their ass kicked for 2 hours and accomplish nothing is a huge downer. The children at least provide an enemy they can fight/beat that lets the crowd cheer and gives the idea of hope against Thanos. That unfortunately means they need to sacrifice the individual characters to make more time for Thanos development but it serves the story better by making him seem more powerful and impressive in the end.

smowashere and ChaseTx like this.
  14. GBlades

Trusted

Being in Scotland, that's how I attempt to step off the train every morning.

15. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Loved Infinity War, was entertained by Ultron, disliked Avengers 1. I was never a Whedon fan and it feels too much like a tv show in the way it’s filmed, plus it only has like 3 set pieces which kind of bored me. Ultron feels more fleshed out, but for me the problem there is we knew Thanos was the end game so it almost felt like filler. Just my two cents.

16. GBlades

Trusted

Everything exploded for Marvel after Avengers hit 1 billion. I don't think that franchise would have continued much longer if Avengers failed. The increase in quality was a great difference. Even Phase 3 from Phase 2 was a vast change in quality.

BornToRun, airik625 and RyanPm40 like this.
  17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

williek311, coleslawed and morken like this.
  18. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Tim likes this.
  19. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Lmao at the the Hank from BrBa quote.

20. drewinseries

Drew

Lol the Dustice League.

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  21. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Who's bright idea was it to not allow people to rent this in 4K? >_>

Anyone know if there's a date out there for it to stop being Blu Ray exclusive? This is 2018, I have never and will never buy a Blu Ray player lol

22. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

“Well if I’m wrong, then what more could I lose?”

I love Thor in this.

Davjs, airik625 and SteveLikesMusic like this.
  23. GBlades

Trusted

It's being released in 4K the same date here in the UK as Blu-Ray and DVD, September 3rd.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  24. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Picked up the Target Exclusive

The 40 page gallery book is pretty awesome!

BornToRun likes this.
  25. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

$20 it was Tony Stark saying “no shit Sherlock” to Strange

slimfenix182 and RyanPm40 like this.