Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Avengers: Infinity War (Joe & Anthony Russo, April 27, 2018) Movie • Page 119

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by oakhurst, Sep 16, 2016.

1. drewinseries

Drew

Yeah, Tokyo Drift is bad.

I like the 90s Spawn film, even though I know full well it's garbage.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  2. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I think AoU is pretty bad. It's the worst "comedy" in any of he MCU movies. The opening with Captain America saying something about language makes me want to scream

3. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Liking bad things is fine, but I think being aware enough to know that the product is bad is necessary. It also helps you appreciate the good stuff, you know?

I'm a huge sucker for really bad anime. I have no idea why I started watching all of it, but I suppose it's just because it's pure, mindless fun and the cringe factor makes it that much more amusing and appealing.

4. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I don't see anything wrong with that line. It's amusing

The movie as a whole is just emblematic of Marvel movies as a whole. It just sits along the median of what these movies are

SpyKi likes this.
  5. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Hard to understand where you're coming from when all you say is "it's terrible because it's terrible".

GrantCloud, FTank and coleslawed like this.
  6. drewinseries

Drew

Yeah the bad language part was a little cringey. I think it’s a sub par Marvel film, but still fun and entertaining overall.

7. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

*checks calendar*

Oh, it's already time to re-litigate the quality of Age of Ultron? Cool.

*checks watch*

We should be bringing up Iron Man 3 in three...two...

8. drewinseries

Drew

Iron Man 3 aged a little worse with me from when I first saw it, but, it's enjoyable.

9. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Thor 1 was not v good

10. Davjs

Trusted

I dunno, for what it had to accomplish I think they did a really good job setting everything up. The movie had a lot of information to pack in to the wide audience which I think hindered it a little bit.

With everything out of the way, Thor 2 could have just hit the ground running, but didn't really so that is the real crime. Thor 1 is fine :-)

11. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Thor 1 is the worst MCU movie. I've said it time and time again. I'm thinking about writing an essay about it or at least doing a very long YouTube video on it because there's so much awful stuff in it to cover.

12. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I would watch the first Thor 20 times before I'd watch Dark World or Hulk again lol

13. Davjs

Trusted

Even though I disagree completely, I would watch your video on it to see what makes it the worst for you.

You should also do one for AoU.

14. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I wouldn't. Thor 1 was like a bad fan film. At least Dark World had some heart.

15. AoU is pretty bad. C'mon. Bearing with the Russian accent alone was so bad.

Also Ultron was just cartoon-level silly. Also "language".

Also just Quicksilver.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  16. Davjs

Trusted

I loved Ultron. The scene between him and Vision is fantastic. An accent or one joke doesn't ruin an entire movie of fun.

17. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

why is everyone so mad about "language"

SpyKi likes this.
  18. Davjs

Trusted

I dunno. It's in character for Cap as well as a fun way to keep the movie kid friendly, since these are super heroes we are talking about.

19. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

What language are y'all even talking about?

20. Davjs

Trusted

The very first line of the movie is Iron Man getting knocked back and going "oh shiiiii" but Cap cuts him off with a "Language!".

21. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh yeah. Yeah, that is lame.

Vase Full Of Rocks and Davjs like this.
  22. Sometimes the camaraderie feels really forced and hurts the comedic effect. AoU had some of that, Guardians 2 had way too much of that.

Infinity War fairly improved on that.

airik625 and Vase Full Of Rocks like this.
  23. Nick Jul 31, 2018
    (Last edited: Jul 31, 2018)
    Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

This was pretty good. Not a great film, some final third decisions, I felt, undermined decisions of the earlier acts. There was also a weird disconnect between some parts of the film and previous character based films. Thor was the highlight.

I thought Thanos was fine. But, again some of the things he did were a little wonky. I get his motivation was getting the stones and all that, but it seemed like he was toying with the Avengers. I get why in a movie context why he would do that but it seems to go against his motivations. A good MCU villain all the same. Better than most that came before.

Overall, I'm kinda surprised how well it came out. It could easily have been a complete and utter disaster given all the moving parts. But really they just added up to some annoyances and what I felt were inconsistencies. It was a good film and I had a good time watching it.

Actually I must put this in here, it shows the power of a good film that Thor and Loki were my least favourite MCU characters before Ragnarok and now they're my favourite.

24. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Just snagged this on iTunes. Can’t wait to check out the bonus features after work.

BornToRun likes this.
  25. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I really enjoyed the commentary for this film.