Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Avengers 4: Endgame (Joe & Anthony Russo April 26, 2019) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, May 23, 2018.

1. justin. Jun 5, 2018
    (Last edited: Jun 5, 2018)
    justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I’m really excited for the scenes that take place in Japan (most likely based around Hawkeye). Actually, I’m just excited to see what they do with Clint.

2. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

3. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

4. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

The cinematographer accidentally revealed on his website that the title is AVENGERS: END GAME

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  5. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

What

6. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Good title.

7. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

How do you accidentally reveal that

8. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Perhaps his editor messed up. I know the directors debunked it a month ago but they also say that all of the characters who died in the film are not coming back.

9. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

How is that title a spoiler?

10. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

No one said it was...they're just being secretive because fans tend to go crazy with theories.

Such as: "End Game?! Who dies?! DOES IRON MAN DIE? IS THAT WHY IT SAYS END?!"

11. PauLo

43% Burnt

It was probably just the working title

12. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

The working title originally was Infinity War: Part Two and then they just called it Avengers 4. Why would they have a third working title?

13. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

14. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Wasn't that the headline for A3?

RyanPm40 likes this.
  15. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I get what he's saying (outside of obviously just selling his movie), though "definitive ending"... That's a weird thing to define in this genre, lol.

Was TDKR a definitive ending? It ended a single director's 3-film storyline and world, though we got another Batman 4 years later. Was Logan a definitive ending? It's the end of Jackman's huge run as a major character. Will Avengers 4 be a definitive ending? I'm assuming it'll close the door on at least Tony Stark for a long time, but the Homecoming sequel just two months later will pick up literally right where it leaves off.

8AAD7D0E-BBCF-471C-9A32-FC91CBE4885B.jpeg

RyanPm40 likes this.
  16. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I think the “definitive ending” will be for the era of Avengers more than the individual heroes. While a few characters will have their stories end in the MCU a new team will form and the way the old team operated with cease with a clean slate.

It’s also to generate interest in the movie lol

RyanPm40 likes this.
  17. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

New rumors have come out.

1) Tilda Swinton returns as the Ancient One and Bruce Banner meets with her. It’s assumed that it is through time travel as her death is fixed due to it taking place before the snap. Info was given that she can give knowledge to the Avengers about possible futures she saw in Stephen Strange.
    2) The film is heavily inspired by Return Of The King in theme and two main characters share a Sam-Frodo relationship (which is apparently Steve Rogers and Tony Stark) and that Thor visits Hel and retrieves an army of soldiers to battle Thanos. Cate also returns as Hela as she is the one that gives him the army but no info is available on why she would do that.
    3) Nebula travels to one of the battles in the first Guardians film when she retrieved the orb and has to fight her “evil self”
    4) Professor Hulk is the one that uses the new gauntlet which causes him to lose his arm in the process

18. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

In Infinity War right when Doctor Strange says "we're in the end game now" I automatically thought End Game would be the title of the next movie. Pretty excited for this next chapter.

RyanPm40 and airik625 like this.
  19. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

The Thor part of #2 would be awesome.

#1 would be trash.

I'm highly skeptical of all of it, of course.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  20. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

#1 sounds kinda convoluted and unnecessary. But if it happens it happens

RyanPm40 likes this.
  21. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

#2 could be a possible highlight of the film if executed correctly. #1 and #3 do nothing for me while #4 seems plausible but not ideal. I think Rogers or Stark would be a better choice.

22. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

None of it rings true.

23. justin. Aug 1, 2018
    (Last edited: Aug 1, 2018)
    justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I’d definitely wait to consider it valid or any more than a rumor.
    The characters in #1 and #2 originate from which actors were on set as well as set designs while the plot details of #2, 3, and 4 were given to the spoiler subreddit (which got a few IW things right) and casting calls which match descriptions of #2.

It’ll be interesting to see if any more rumors come that support these.

24. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, but they also said Natalie Portman's character wasn't hit by the snap, why would they even bother mentioning that? That with the set photos of Ant-man at the battle of New York from A1 just makes all of it seem like quantum realm stuff.

I just seriously doubt the hulk stuff etc

25. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

There will be subplots in the film that don't revolve around any of the NY from A1 scenes or the quantum realm. As for Jane, I know the directors said her surviving the snap is too much of a spoiler to say (just like Ned) which is a given that she survived but I don't know what she'll do in A4 if she is even in it. The breadcrumbs for Jane Thor to arrive later in the MCU could be in the film while Natalie Portman isn't in it herself.

People in the industry mentioned an Ironheart script a few weeks ago so for all we know she could be saved until that film is picked up.