Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Avengers 4: Endgame (Joe & Anthony Russo April 26, 2019) Movie • Page 14

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, May 23, 2018.

1. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

That was tasty

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  2. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

So for IW they add the Hulk into a scene where he isn't and now just erasing people lol

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  3. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

For Civil War they had shots of both sides at the airport and multiple people were deleted in various trailers.

4. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

5. Davjs

Trusted

6. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Ronin?

7. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

They've already shown Ronin. No reason to hide him. Probably Tony and that's when Carol shows up. Maybe vice versa.

8. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Didn't tickets go on sale last year the day after superbowl?

9. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

The went on sale in March after the second trailer was released.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  10. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I'm pretty much positive it's Captain Marvel they CGI'd out since it would be a spoiler for the solo flick.

11. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

The marketing here is honestly brilliant.

I am more than sure that the trailers/teasers have been intentionally misleading as hell and that a lot of these shots were altered or won't even end up in the film at all... and that is great! I love the fact that this film comes out in 2 months (!!!!!!) and I have honestly no real idea of what to expect.

I would absolutely love a solid 20-30 minutes of grounded storytelling with the remaining Avengers grieving over the loss and dealing with a forever changed world Children of Men style.. but I don't think that is what will happen here. Either way, I cannot wait and I hope the Russos stick with the 3-hour runtime!

12. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

13. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  14. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Honestly would have preferred one movie in 5 hours hahah - throw in a 10 minute intermission.

15. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

GrantCloud and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  16. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

If Disney does all of these things they’re really pushing for intangible things that solidify the idea that this movie is a cultural event, in a time where every blockbuster is trying to be a cultural event. They know what they have here lol

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  17. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

they're only considering an intermission now though? i feel like with the movie coming out in 2 months that sort of decision would have been made already? it surely would effect theater showtimes which i would imagine are planned ahead of time, considering we will probably get a ticket on-sale within the next 6 weeks or so. i don't know for certain how movie theaters operate that stuff though, but my guess is that if there was going to be an intermission, it wouldn't be "rumored" at this point, it would be decided.

18. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

counterpoint, what do i really know though anyway?

GrantCloud and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  19. dlemert

Trusted

An intermission for a Marvel movie would feel strange, and make the film even longer. A 4-hour movie would be a different story.

20. GBlades

Trusted

I really doubt they'd do an intermission, that's just not the Marvel way at all. A marathon; yes. A movie; no.

21. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

feel like the intermission would be annoying too, i would imagine it would be something like 15 minutes, but you know there's gonna be half a theaters worth of people filtering back in being noisy and distracting after the movie has picked back up.

22. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

As someone who will most likely and unfortunately still be working at a movie theater for this, an intermission means that we get slammed before the movie and then during the movie when everyone comes out to buy more shit...so no. Please no intermission.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  23. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Intermissions are dope. Loved having one during 2001: A Space Odyssey last year. If we're gonna keep letting these films sniff at 3 hrs, we absolutely should bring that back.

That being said, I don't actually believe we're gonna actually get one.

GrantCloud, Kingjohn_654 and ship90 like this.
  24. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I don’t know how far in advance Marvel books showtimes with theaters but I know some movies are not even done with editing until a month before release so still deciding what to do with the length of a film six weeks before advanced tickets are available doesn’t doesn’t sound implausible.

That being said, I wouldn’t care for an intermission as I think it completely cuts any momentum building up towards the end of the film. If I was watching it in my own room I wouldn’t mind, but having to listen to a crowd for 15 minutes wouldn’t be that entertaining.

25. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

The fact that the first film in isolation really doesn't work (IMO) just really puts me off. We pretty much have an idea that all of that shit is BS and will be rectified so it annoys me that it ends like that :/